Chapter 6

I was going to start a new story, but I can't seem to focus, so I decided to finish this one and then start planning the other ones. Please comment with your opinions!

Disclaimer: I really hate typing this out, but I am not J.K. Rowling and I do not own the characters or the settings either *sobs*

Chapter 6

Later that day, when all the Marauders were out of the dorm, Lily opened the rest of her presents. She started with the ones from her friends. Hestia gave her a charm bracelet. Her other friend, Marlene, got her a whole collection of books. Alice got her a ton of chocolate- yum! James just sat with her and watched her reaction to each of these gifts, chuckling to himself.

When it came time for the Marauders' presents, Lily was cautious with opening Sirius's box. When she saw what was inside, she started smiling. Inside was a stuffed kitten. Lily always wanted a real one, but her sister, Petunia, insisted they were a nuisance. Peter had gotten her some quills and scented parchment (She didn't know they made those). Remus got her even more books and some more scented quills and ink that she loved.

When it came time for James's present, he ran his hand through his already messy hair. She took in his appearance, those bright hazel eyes that seemed to be always warm. His messy hair that stuck up at all ends. His crooked glasses and heart-melting smile. She smiled and opened the small velvet box. A small gasp escaped her lips and she threw her arms around him.

"It's beautiful! Thanks so much, James!" Inside the box, was a locket. The pendant was in the shape of a lily and in the middle was a small emerald- the color of Lily's eyes. When she opened the locket, a picture of her and James beamed back at her. Lily looked up at James and her smile grew wider.

"I love it. Can you help me put it on?" she asked and turned around. He fasted the chain around her neck. The necklace looked perfect on her.

"I was walking by a jewelry store in Paris and I saw it in a window and figured it would suit you. I was right. It looks great on you." He looked deep into her glowing eyes and he said this. Lily looked at him nervously.

"James, I have to tell you something. I-"

______________________________________________________________________________

Ooooh, what is she going to say? Cliffhanger! Until next time, because it's almost 2:00 a.m. here!