Chapter 19

A/N: Hey guys! So, the normal excuse was school. I was anxious about finals, and now that I figured that I passed all of them, I went out and relaxed over winter break. Also, over 2,500 reads! That might not sound like a huge deal, but since this is my first story on Wattpad, it's a particularly huge deal to me, and I could not ask for better fans! Thank you guys SO SO SO SO SO much, and you guys deserve this update! Hopefully I'll be able to finish up this story soon. The end is coming really close. Also, I'm skipping months here on out. I'll post the days on the top so you guys know. Oh and I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but they are all in their 7th year. So after year of schooling, they can all pursue work and stuff like that. It's currently my ultimate goal to have this story finished before school lets out, because I have several other story ideas that I want to work on, and I feel bad for not updating this story. Enough of this rant, sorry if there's any errors, because it's currently 3:30 AM as I'm typing this up(: Enjoy~

Disclaimer: I only own the plot of this story.

April 29

A couple month later, James and Lily continued on this routine of talking to each other (obliviously) in animal forms. It was currently the time for OWLs and then they had the rest of the year easy, while the first, second, and third years were taking their exams. Lily was currently frustrated on how to conjure up a patronus. It was the only part of the entire OWLs that she was not confident in. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and stated slowly, "Expecto Patronum." Nothing happened. Lily screamed and plopped face-first onto the couch in the middle of the dorm. A very startled James popped out with his wand held up. 

"Lils? Are you okay?" He looked around until he saw the redhead on the couch.

"Noo... I'm going to fail my OWLs. I can't conjure up a bloody patronus!" Lily banged her head on the cushions. James laughed.

"I'm pretty sure that missing the patronus spell isn't going to make you fail all your OWLs, but I'll help you." Lily sat up in shock. "No need for that face. Yes, I know how to do some things." He reminded her.

Lily thought for a moment and agreed to the help. She stood up and held her wand. 

"Oh wait! I forgot the thing!" James ran into the kitchen, leaving a very confused Lily looking after him. A minute later, he returned with a lot of chocolate. Lily turned to face the wall while James spoke to her from behind.

"Okay, first- Lily, you need to breathe," Lily let out the breath she was holding was started inhaling and exhaling. 

"Alright, first I need you to think of the happiest moment of your entire life. Then when you come to it, think really really hard about it, then say the spell." Lily thought of the times she played with Severus as a kid. She whispered the spell, but nothing happened.

"Nothing? That memory isn't powerful enough." James stated. Lily thought harder. She racked her brain for a memory until the night of the Valentine's Ball came up. Perfect!

"Expecto Patronum!" A silvery light poured out from the tip of Lily's wand, and standing before Lily was a silver doe, surrounded with a bright light. James was stunned at the animal standing before him. The doe vanished and Lily collapsed on the couch, exhausted. She grabbed a chocolate bar, munching on it.

"Was that a doe?" James snapped out of his stunned state. Lily nodded. "My patronus is a stag..." They both thought of the animals in the woods they talked to. Then came the banging on the door. James sprang up to answer it when a panting Sirius stumbled in. 

"Prongs! I completely forgot today was the day of the full moon! And to make it worse, they ran out of the potion, Lilyflower!" Lily looked up in shock.

"I can't brew a potion in time. Anyways, by the time an expert could finish, it would be too late. He's just going to have to suffer through this time." Sirius had an urgent look in his eyes, which wandered between Lily and James, but lingered on James. "I'll start on the next batch for next month though." Lily caught Sirius's urgency to pass news to the curly headed boy, stood up, and walked to her room. 

"We're meeting up tonight at the shack at 11:30. Moony needs us. Especially at this time." Sirius walked out of the dorm and James groaned and went to get some rest. Little did they both know, Lily had her ear pressed to the door the whole time, and heard every word they said.

A/N: I feel like this is a super short chapter. I don't know. It contains a whole lot of information though. Especially near the end. Do you think Lily's going to do anything? Sorry for the cliffy(: Keep voting and reading! I might throw in another update in the afternoon, because I don't have school! ^.^