Chapter 8

I'm SUPER sorry about the long delay. I've had a lot going on so far as the end of my eighth grade year is coming to a close. *dodges flying fruits and vegetables being thrown at her* I'll try my best to upload as much as I can, but reviews would make me upload faster as I feel like no one is reading or liking this story.

Disclaimer: I do not own the magical Harry Potter. The magical J.K. Rowling does. -sigh-

_______________________________________________________________________________

A month later...

James and Lily were up in the Head's Dorm working on a Valentine's Ball requested by Dumbledore. Lily sighed.

"Why did Dumbledore even INSIST on a Valentine's Ball?" Lily asked frustrated. James looked up at the beautiful Head girl.

"Maybe we needed some cheer around here. Ever since Baldemort's attacks, everyone has been so gloomy." James replied. Lily laughed.

"Baldemort? That's creative." James smirked. Lily glanced at the clock. 3:00 PM. She was meeting her friends at her favorite spot in fifteen minutes.

"James, I'm tired and I'm meeting the girls in fifteen minutes. Can we just stop?" Lily pouted. James met her eyes. Time seemed to have stopped as they stared into each others eyes. James slowly leaned in, closing the space between them. Lily started to lean in as well, but caught herself when she realized what was going on.

"Uhm. Can we just stop?" Lily stood up feeling awkward. James nodded blushing red. He had been so close to feeling those perfect, soft lips that he had been dreaming of for years. As she walked out of the portrait, he signed and ran a hand through his already messy hair.

"She's going to be the death of me." he murmured to no one in particular.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter. I'm having a moment where I'm out of ideas. Can I get another 3 reviews to inspire me for my next upload?