Oikawa Tōru ~ New Rules

I was listing to this song and I for some reason thought of all the fan fiction I've read about Oikawa oops.

You are both in college btw.

Enjoy!~
___

{Talkin' in my sleep at night
Makin' myself crazy
(Out of my mind, out of my mind)}

You lay in bed, staring at the ceiling once again for the fourth night in a row. Thankfully it was break and your roommate/best friend was out with her family. Your family decided to go on a spontaneous trip to your grandparents, leaving you. And at your worst moment when you needed someone.

He was with another girl again. Probably a fan.

You cover up your face with your hands, rubbing your eyes over and over again.

You're half asleep at the moment. All you can think of is him. The only words that come out of your mouth is his name.

He seemed upset when I broke up with him. It must've been a facade he is still keeping.

{Wrote it down and read it out
Hopin' it would save me
(Too many times, too many times)}

Your eyes squeeze shut, then you opened them up again getting up from your warm bed to your desk. In the dark you try to find a pen and a scrap piece of paper. Knocking over a couple things you get the pen and write down your rules.

{My love, he makes me feel like nobody else
Nobody else
But my love, he doesn't love so I tell myself
I tell myself}

Whenever you two were together, Oikawa made you feel like you was the only one that mattered. He made you feel as if you were perfect for him. The little comments he said; "Your hand fits in mine perfectly" and "You're the perfect height for me to rest my chin on!". Oikawa made you feel like you were the one who changed him.

You knew you was completely wrong when you saw him flirting with other girls in secret. You thought it was just a friendly compliment; from a class celebrity to a fan. Then You saw the girls getting closer to him, touching his arm and stroking it. The girls gave him compliments and said they would make an excellent girlfriend. One gave him a present and another gave him a flirty pick up line. Then one gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

And he did nothing.

{One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone}

Call from: Trashykawa 💔

Your eyes gaze over at your phone.

No.

He's been doing this more often. Getting drunk and calling you, telling you he loves you and wished he showed you how much he needs you. You would just sit there with your phone until Iwaizumi took his phone and apologized. Although Iwaizumi loved having you around to keep Oikawa in check, he knew to respect your decision, especially since he knew his best friend made the mistake. He too tried to steer Oikawa to the right path, which didn't work.

Your ringtone kept ringing for ten minutes.

{Two, don't let him in
You'll have to kick him out again}

"(Name) please. I swear I will never do anything that bothers you ever again."

You sat on the ground, leaning against the door. Your knees were up to your chest, your arms wrapped around your legs. You wouldn't let yourself break your rules. You knew there was no defense to what he did. You knew he would try to win you over with his words. You knew the moment you opened the door, he wouldn't leave.

But why wouldn't he stop trying?

{Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna to wake up in his bed in the morning}

"Can you two at least be friends? I don't know how long I can handle him in his state." Iwaizumi says.

You shake your head. "No. I know the moment I see him I'll fall in deep."

Iwaizumi narrows his eyes. "Wait are you-"

"Yes I still love him." You grit your teeth, gripping your sleeves. "I don't know why even after all of this but I just- I can't- I'm always thinking about him and I don't understand..."

Iwaizumi sighs. "But why can't you be friends with him?"

{And if you're under him
You ain't gettin' over him}

Flashbacks of a hot night with Oikawa flicker in your mind. Oh how you had felt so loved by him. How did that night start again? Oh right: compliments, smooth talk, and sweet nothings. The close proximity and the bond you to had gave him the advantage. It all meant nothing now.

You sigh. "He'll use his smooth talk to try to get me to feel something. Now I know how he really felt. I'm just another toy he wants to break."

Iwaizumi shakes his head. "(Name)-"

You shake your head. "I'm sorry Hajime-kun but I can't risk being friends with him." You give him a small smile and walk away.

Because I already know how it would end.

{I got new rules, I count 'em}

___

I could make a part 2 that might have a better ending ƪ˘)ʃ