Chapter 10- Haunting Memories

~(A/N): Some of this chapter will be Jesy's past. No I DO NOT hate Jesy, people have been asking, just so you know I LOVE her! Warning, This chapter is graphic and may disturb some readers. Read at your own risk~

-----------------------------

-Jesy's POV-

I knock on the door to our room, then open it.

"Destiny..." I call softly, and see a figure on the bed. I hear light sobs, and heavy breathing.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking." I apologize, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

Destiny sits up, wiping a few tears off her face.

She looks at me with big, teary eyes and pulls her knees into her chest.

"It's alright. It's not entirely what you said either, it's a mix of things that have been keeping down in the dumps." She confesses, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Wanna tell me what's going on, I won't judge. I promise." I offer, putting my arm around her for comfort.

"I-I miss my parents, even though it's been who knows how many years since they were murdered. Living with my Auntie just wasn't the same." Her shaky voice spills out, and I can tell she's holding back more tears.

"This whole situation is plain, old shit for all of us." I reply, willing to listen to her.

I wrap my arms around her in a hug, and she hugs back.

"Believe me, I know how you feel." I whisper, about to pull back, but Destiny keeps holding on.

"You guys are like sisters to me." She whispers back, then pulls back from our hug. "The sisters I never had." She adds on, laughing a bit.

"What do you mean?" I ask, out of curiosity.

"I had three brothers, two with autism, and the other one had ADHD." She explains through a light giggle.

"That couldn't have been easy." I reply, laughing with her.

"It wasn't." She laughs, then stops suddenly. "But I really miss them now. They went to stay with our other Auntie, so that they wouldn't see me in my depressed state." She sighs, but perks up again, putting on a smile.

"I used to have a brother too." I put out, trying to relate to her.

"I kind of ran off after Hunter..." I trail off, flashbacks coming back.

~Flashback~

It was a cold night, and my friends dragged me to a party, where they got extremely drunk. So I was stuck walking home.

As a shortcut, I went down an alley.

"Smart Jesy. Walking down an alley late at night." I told myself over and over.

I saw a man emerge from the darkness and I thought nothing of it.

I realized he was running after me and I quickly analyzed what was going on and started to run.

I ran out of the dark alley, as fast as I could.

Though running in heels wasn't easy, I still tried.

I could hear the man chasing after me, so I pushed myself to run faster.

I tripped over my feet and fell to the ground. I felt the sudden pain of my scraped elbows and knees, but still got up.

I kicked off my shoes and continued to run, the rocks on the road poked my feet with each step.

The man's hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face him.