"I don't think I can do it with an empty stomach." Matt replied. "I might pass out in hunger and nervousness." He added.

I wonder what they're talking about. Axel looked insistent and confident, like a lion stalking its prey. On the other hand, Matt looked like a lost puppy.

"Are you two going out for dinner too?!" James asked as he appeared behind me. His voice was so loud it almost deafened me.

"Stop shouting in my ear." I complained as I cocked my head away.

"Ohh, a golden opportunity!" Axel exclaimed as he saw us. Exactly what is the golden opportunity? "Yeah, we are." Axel replied as he pulled Matt over.

"You should come with us, we'll treat you." James added.

"Really? That sounds great!" Axel said.

"Hey, don't go deciding things yourself." I complained.

"I owe... Matt for saving the permission slip." What's with the pause? Did he forget Matt's name? "And you owe Axel for doing the banner you're supposed to do." I hate how he emphasized how I owe Axel. It's not like I begged Axel to make the banner for me.

"Fine, but you're telling Damien." With his toxic mood, I'm not risking anything.

"Just bring him to the car, don't say anything, we'll go on ahead." James said as he walked towards the elevator with the two freshmen.

When we got to the car, James was already in the driver's seat. Matt was sitting in the passenger's seat while Axel was sitting at the back of Matt's seat.

"What are they doing here?" Damien asked, he doesn't necessarily sound annoyed.

"They're having dinner with us." James replied.

"Oh, okay." Damien replied. I can't read his mood at all. He was like a ticking time bomb.

I sat in the middle of Axel and Damien and I couldn't explain the atmosphere at all. One thing is for sure, though, Axel is staring at the envelope Damien was holding. Do he really have to bring that with him?

"What's that envelope? Why bring it when we're going out to eat?" Axel asked without batting an eye.

"It's none of your concern. It's personal." Damien replied.

"You could've made an obscure excuse, but your response made me even more curious." Axel continued.

"Is it really alright if we come with?" Matt asked as he leaned towards James.

"What do you say, Damien? Is it alright with you?" James asked Damien.

"I already said its fine, didn't I?" Damien replied.

He wasn't as mean to Matt as he was yesterday, but it was weird. It felt like he was keeping an eye on Matt, observing him, like some kind of predator looking for a chance to attack its prey.

"He said it's fine." James said with a soft chuckle. For some reason, I couldn't help but think that James is fond of Matt.

"Wow, it's really cool..." Axel said as he looked out the window.

"What is?" I asked him.

"Those jeepneys, some looks like moving murals."

What's with him? "You're acting like you've never seen one before."

"I had, but not often. There's none in New York." He commented as he kept on looking outside.

"New York? You two are from New York, as in New York?" Damien suddenly asked, sounding very interested. Ahh that's right, his friend Teo is also from New York.