Chapter Eighty-One:

"Yo!" Harry called from the other room. "Lilo, come and see this!"

I left the kitchen, where I was making tea, and followed his voice into the living room where he was sat at the iMac I'd bought for him a few years ago. "What's up?" I asked as I headed over to him.

"Fancy going on holiday?" He spun around in the chair to face me.

"Um, where?" I asked. This was certainly news to me. I didn't know he was thinking about going on holiday.

"I was thinking we could go to the south of France for a week or something, see if you're getting rusty at the old French lingo yet" He spun back around to face the screen. "There's this really, really swanky villa in Cannes. I was thinking we could go."

I leant over him to look at the photos of the villa. He was right, it was definitely swanky. It was a large, white building, the stereotypical European villa style. It was on a mountain, with the most beautiful view of the sea ever. The grass lawns were perfectly cropped and arches opened the house up to the pool which was set in a patio surrounded by palm trees and modern looking garden furniture. I flicked through the photos of the inside. Everything was modern, my preferred style of interior decoration. "This is really nice. But when do you plan on going?" I carried on flicking through the photos, taking in the views of the pool, bedrooms (posh), bathroom (swanky) and the kitchen (top of the range everything!).

"Next week?" He asked, looking at me carefully to gage my reaction.

"Next week?" I repeated. "I thought you were working?"

"Nah, got the week off, all the boys wanted a break so we asked for a week off from rehearsals. Plus, you just finished a case; you can take a week off before picking up another one."

"True…" I stopped to think for a minute. He did have a point, I didn't have to take up another case until I wanted to, being a Barrister was very much "self employed" I got to do a case whenever I wanted (if they came up) and could pick and choose most of them. Also, it would probably be our last holiday as a couple without a child. Things were going to get hectic soon. "Let's do it." I smiled.

"Yeah baby!" Harry whooped. He fished around in his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He slid out his credit card and leant forward to book a week in the gorgeous villa in the south of France.

I moved away from the computer to head back to the kitchen. "Tea's nearly ready. It's not Nandos though I'm afraid."

"Okay." He mumbled, clearly concentrating on the computer. "I'll be done in a sec."

I walked away feeling genuine excitement in the pit of my stomach. I had a feeling that next week would be bliss.

The next morning I woke up in fear. What the hell was I going to wear? I couldn't remember the last time I'd been on holiday, probably our honeymoon. I didn't really have any holiday clothes, plus I was four months pregnant and definitely starting to show. I grabbed my phone and opened up a new message.

"Crisis! We need to go holiday shopping… today! xx" I sent the message to Bay before jumping in the shower. Harry had already gone to work; he still had three days of rehearsals before we could go away on Saturday. By the time I got out she'd replied.

"Definitely! I'll be ready in half an hour xo"

"Great, thank you! xx" I replied before starting to get ready.

I went to pull on a pair of jeans and was shocked when I had to struggle a lot more than I did yesterday to get the button done up. This was new. I shimmied out of them and pulled a white dress out of the wardrobe. I sighed a great sigh of relief when I pulled it on and it zipped up easily, first time. I paired it with a navy blue blazer, navy flats and my large bag.