Chapter Sixty-Nine:

(Lilo's POV)

I lay on the bed, struggling to breathe through the pain that shot through my abdomen every time I inhaled. I didn't want to say anything and sound like I was moaning too much so I kept quiet and tried to get through it.

There was a soft knock at the door, I opened my eyes and looked towards it. It slowly eased open to reveal the rest of One Direction waiting to come in. They all smiled at me when they saw I'd seen them and started to creep in.

"We're not supposed to be in here." Louis whispered. "But we're coming in anyway!" He came over to me by the bed and hugged me gently. The rest of them did the same, all trying to avoid the stitches on the left side of my abdomen.

"Yeah, some man kept saying it was 'vital' for you to rest but we wanted to see you." Zayn explained as he sat down on Louis' lap. There were only two other empty chairs, Harry was in one by my side so Louis and Niall quickly filled them whilst Liam stood at the end of the bed.

"I don't need rest." I smiled. "Strangely, I don't feel tired."

"How do you feel though?" Liam asked, always the serious one.

"Not bad." I lied. I didn't want them to know how much pain I was in. They didn't need to be burdened with it. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me dubiously. Damn it. He knew I wasn't telling the truth.

"Okay, it hurts a lot." I grimaced. He nodded, happy that I'd told them how it really felt.

Harry's hand squeezed mine. "Why didn't you say anything?" He asked. "You could get more painkillers or something."

"I didn't want to cause a fuss." I admitted.

"You wouldn't be! It's their job to look after you Lilo." He shook his head in exasperation. "Once these buffoon's have gone I'll call the nurse." His thumb traced light circles on the back of my hand as he spoke.

I nodded, accepting the fact that he'd definitely do it. He wouldn't forget.

"Oh… Harry" Niall chimed in. "We've spoken to the guys in charge and all that. They said we can postpone the three tour dates for Ireland and move them to the end of the tour, but that's all we can have off. We have to start back again in Edinburgh on the 20th."

"Yup" Liam added. "We get three days off. Thanks lilo" he winked, which caused me to laugh slightly, before gasping in pain.

"Are you okay?" Harry was quick to ask how I was. All I could do was nod as I got my breath back. "Okay…That's good of them. Lilo will still be in hospital by the time we get back to London." He then looked to me, "so I won't have to worry about you being home alone." Only once he said that did I realize that yes, I actually was scared about maybe having to be home alone now. As far as we knew the gun man/woman was still out there.

"Exactly" Zayn nodded. "Then you'll only be away for three days and Bay can stay with her or something, can she Niall?" It was sweet how they were all worried about me and trying to sort things out so I wouldn't be alone. It made my heart swell.

"Yeah, she'll do it." He smiled. "It'll be fine Lilo." He patted my hand that was resting by my side on the bed. "You've got nothing to worry about. We'll look after you."

"We'll be your personal body guards!" Louis grinned.

"Oh god." Harry mumbled. "This sounds dangerous."

We were interrupted by the door swinging open. A small, thin nurse was stood there. Her greying, caramel colored hair was pulled back into a pony tail that swished as she stood in the door way. "Goodness! It's like Grand Central in here!" She gave a disapproving yet friendly look to the boys. "I'm afraid you're going to have to leave." She stood inside the room to the side so the boys, who had all stood up, could get out of the room. They called goodbye and left. "Now" the nurse murmured, "I need to give you something for the pain my dear." She pottered around and fiddled with the machines and wires attached to me before noticing Harry still sat by my side. "Oh! You gave me a fright." A hand flew to her chest as she puffed out a breath.

Harry smiled as he spoke. "Sorry love." He squeezed my hand and spoke to me. "I'm going to get a bottle of water, I'll be right back. Don't move." He winked.

"Oh, bummer, I was thinking about going for a jog." I frowned.

He laughed as he bent down to kiss my forehead before leaving the room with a wave.

"Now he is a piece of eye candy!" The nurse giggled. I looked at her with surprise, she was quite old, I didn't expect her to say something like that. "Isn't he in that band? One Connection or something?"

I smiled as I corrected her. "Direction"

"Oh! That's it!" She nodded. "They're a lovely group of boys." She carried on doing what she was doing when there was another knock at the door.

I took my attention from the nurse, who was filling my wrist with pain medication with a massive needle, to see who it was. Two tall men filled the door frame, both wearing the police uniform, their hats under their arms. I noticed Harry stood behind them, looking at me over their shoulders, a bottle of water in his hand.

The nurse ushered them in and sat them down before smiling at me and leaving the room. Harry took my hand in his again and we waited for the police to speak.