Chapter Forty-Six:

I walked into the living room to find Harry waiting in black trousers and a white shirt. His hair was styled to perfection and his after shave lingered in the wake of where he'd walked through the room. His eyes looked me up and down as he smiled. "You look beautiful. The shoes look sick"

"Thanks" I smiled. I looked at the time on my phone before putting it into the bag that matched my outfit. I was wearing a paler purple dress. It was fitted from the bust to the waist before floating out to by my knees. I had a black clutch bag and my nails were painted black, to contrast with everything. "Are we going to be late?" I asked.

"Nope, not yet, but we should leave now." He slipped his phone into his pocket before opening the door for me. We made our way down to the ground floor before getting in a taxi and heading off into London.

"Where are we going?" I asked, turning to face him. He grinned at me before speaking.

"Now why would I tell you that?"

"Uch, I should have guessed." I smiled, shaking my head.

We carried on driving through London before getting stuck in the mother of all traffic jams. "Omg Hazza, this is going to cost a bomb!" I whispered so the driver wouldn't hear. I was fully aware of the price slowly rising as the car sat still.

"It's okay. Don't stress." He whispered back. He got his phone out and started texting someone, so I checked my twitter mentions. Harry had convinced me to get it a few months after we started dating; he said it would be a good way for the fans to get to know me so they wouldn't send me hate or anything. I'd had the odd one or two, but I tried not to let it affect me. Lots of people were wishing me happy birthday, including Ed Sheeran and Example, who I'd met through the boys.

Finally the car started moving again. We'd left the apartment at 5:15 and it was now 6:30. If Harry had booked somewhere we were definitely going to be late. The price of the taxi was at about £50 and we still weren't near anywhere I thought we might be going.

"Excuse me." Harry said to the driver. "We've missed our table now, could you just take us home please?"

"Sure thing." The driver said, his gruff voice raised to be heard over the radio.

"I'm so sorry." Harry said to me. "I can't believe this has all been messed up."

"It's okay." I smiled trying to reassure him, he looked so sad. "You've done more than enough for me today." I squeezed his hand and looked winked at him when he finally smiled at me.

We eventually got back to the apartment. Harry had to pay £60, even though I tried forcing him to let me pay half.

"Fancy a Chinese then?" He asked as we headed back to the apartment. "Sorry it's not very glamorous."

"I could murder one. We worked up quite an appetite today." I grinned.

He unlocked the door and gestured for me to go first. I flicked on the light and nearly died on the spot when a room full of people jumped out and screamed "SURPRISE" at me. I stumbled back in shock, Harry caught me and laughed "Surprise" In my ear, low enough for just me to hear. Before I knew it people were rushing towards me to wish me happy birthday.

"Happy birthday Lilo!" Zayn called to me, before pulling me in for a tight gripped hug.

"Thanks Zayn" I mumbled into his chest. I was being hugged by each member of One Direction in turn.

"Did you guess this was happening?" Louis asked, suddenly serious.

"No, I genuinely didn't have a clue." I admitted honestly. It was a total surprise.

"Good!" He grinned before pulling me into another hug.

"Yeah." Harry called over the sound of the music that had just started playing. "This was Louis' idea. He's been planning it with Vanessa all day." He patted Louis on the back, before placing a hand at the small of my back, his favorite place to rest it.

"Thanks Louis, this is great…Where is Nessa?" I looked over the shoulders of the boys, trying to see her. "…and Danielle…and Bay?"

"They'll be here soon." Liam said, his deep voice carried over the music without him even trying.

"Now go and have fun!" Niall yelled. As if on queue the volume of the music increased and everyone started dancing. Harry led me to the middle of the room where everyone was gathered. The furniture had been pushed out to the sides to create an open space.

"I can't believe this." I called to him. "You totally fooled me!"

"Good." He grinned wickedly. "Now dance with me!" I laughed as he started going wild, letting the traffic through.

(A few hours later)

The lights dimmed and the music stopped. I looked at Harry who just smiled at me and winked. Great, he wasn't telling me anything again. An orange glow came through the kitchen door and lit up people's faces as it came closer. Suddenly everyone started singing happy birthday."Oh God." I thought. I never know what to do when people sing it to me, so I just stood there, grinning like an idiot as One Direction and there respective girlfriends headed towards me with a huge, glowing birthday cake. They stopped singing just as they got to me. Danielle was grinning over the top of the cake and mouthed "blow them out!"

I leant over, took a breath and blew them all out. The room plunged into darkness and erupted into cheers. I stood up straight again and felt Harry's mouth near my ear. "Happy birthday babe" I turned around and hugged him tightly, before I was forced to cut the cake.

The party went on into the early hours.