Chapter Thirty-Three:

The house I grew up in was in Swansea. I was born in Birmingham but moved here when I was two. It was in the country, near the hospital, surrounded by fields and a mountain. I was fortunate enough that I grew up in a house with a swimming pool. So when we got there I wasn't surprised to find my parents sat around the garden table, reading as the pool glistened in the afternoon sun.

I pulled up on the drive, my car fitting in behind my parents. I was surprised to find my brothers there as well. He'd moved away to England at twenty one for work.

I jumped out of my car to be greeted by our dog Tiff. She was a small, Bichon Frise that we'd had since I was a child. She was old so she slowly strolled over, wagging her tail in greeting. Harry got out of the car and came round to me.

"She is so cute!" He cried as he bent down to stroke her. She immediately rolled onto her back for him to fuss her. He took the hint and rubbed her belly.

"Lilo!" a woman's voice called. I looked up to find my parents stood at the top of the drive. I walked up the drive, followed by Tiff and Harry.

I hugged my mum and dad in turn, they were both happy to see me, I hadn't seen them for a while.

"It's good to see you." I smiled. "Mum, Dad, this is Harry, Louis this is my mum Jess and my dad Patrick."

Harry said hi and offered my father his hand. My dad, a serious man, looked quite surprised at the formal gesture and firmly shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you." He smiled. He folded my mum into a hug. My dad looked on from the side smiling subtly. I'd had a feeling my dad would be difficult to please as he'd always been so protective of me, but he seemed to like Harry already.

"Where's Deuce?" I asked about my brother.

"I'm here!" a deep voice called from the front door. "I was just getting changed; I'd been for a swim." He strolled out and pulled me straight into a hug. I forgot how tall he was! My head came to his shoulders.

"Harry, this is my brother Deuce." I said. "Deuce, this is Harry."

"Nice to meet you mate." My brother said as he shook his hand. "So you're the guy that's been seeing my sister without my permission?" he laughed.

"Deuce!" I rolled my eyes but Harry just laughed.

"Guilty." He grinned.

"Come on, take a seat." My mum said. "I'll get us all some drinks."

We followed my dad over to the table and sat down. My mum soon joined us. She handed out the drinks and I gratefully took a sip. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had a drink that day.

"So, Harry, tell us about your work." My dad, who'd been quite quiet up until that point, asked.

"Well…"