It Can't Be

As I sat there, I contemplated the pages filled with pictures of our galaxy. It just made me think about him. Remembering the questions he would ask me, his curiosity and knowledge of myths.

After what I've been through, there's less to expect of this life, but once we have something out of the ordinary present itself to us, we don't know what to make out of it.

"What did he mean by that? Something out of the ordinary?"

On the way home, I didn't want to think about yesterday. One thing I never liked was crying in front of others. Still, I couldn't help it sometimes. Even so, a part of me wanted him to stay, to comfort me. To tell me everything would be okay. For him to give me a reason why he did that, so I could understand him. I wanted him to open up to me, to trust me..Why doesn't he trust me? Have I not shown him I care for him?? That I want the best for him, that I like-...I shook my head, trying to get off track.

Not feeling like going home, I took a detour and head towards the lake. As I passed by, I saw his deserted looking home. I continued, but stopped as I saw the familiar figure carrying boxes, make that two.

"Huh?? Y/N?" he said surprised as he placed the box down.

"Jungkook?"

"What are you doing here? Did Jin Hyung invite you over?"

"So that was him I saw."

"Yup, he's moving in here as of today. Didn't he tell you that?"

"No, he's only ever mentioned that he lives somewhere else."

"Yeah, but he was in the process of moving. He came by my place to pick some of his stuff.-"

"Hey Kook, can you give me a hand with-..Y/N?" Jin said as he approached us.

"Hello Jin." I said shyly.

"Did you invite her over?" Jin asked.

"No, I thought you did."

"I was just walking by. Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you guys."

"Don't say that Y/N. You're more than welcomed." Jin said giving me a smile.

It was almost as if yesterday never happened.

"Where you heading off to?" Jungkook asked

"Oh, just by the lake."

"I never really been there. Well actually once, but I wasn't exactly alone if you know what I mean."

"Yah! Jungkook-ah! Don't go on rambling about your sexual adventures." Jin scolded him.

"I was talking about my dog you sick pervert."

"Bullshi-" Jin was cut off, as he continued.

"Anyways, speaking of perverts, where's Yoongi? Got tired of him again?"

The atmosphere got a bit tense and I looked at Jin who had a plain expression.

"H-He's..um, sleeping?"

"Sleeping? Well, say hi to him for me. We haven't had the chance to hang out. Hey! Maybe the four of us can hang out together??"

"Sorry, but I'll be busy unpacking my stuff." Jin said in a low tone, rubbing the back of his head.

"Jin-"

"It's fine, you three can hang out if you want to. I'll go back to work, see ya Y/N." He said as he walked off to his house.

"He's been acting weird ever since yesterday. He's a good actor, but I can tell when he's hiding something. Well, I won't keep you for long. See you around Y/N." he said as he hugged me tightly then let go with a chuckle.

"Bye Kookie." I said and made my way towards the lake.

I looked around and felt a different sensation come over me as I stared at the lake, the trees, feeling chills as the wind blew against my face. This was it. This is where we first met. That day became my debt for getting help from a cat.

The environment was relaxing though, it made me feel free from the world behind me. Is this why he liked coming here?

I made my way back home, Jin seemed to be finished unloading and was probably inside. My mind felt as if I was forgetting something today, but I couldn't remember. I felt too relaxed to bother.

Suddenly I stopped. I turn my attention towards the sky and felt something change in the atmosphere. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but I could feel it, it was everywhere. I felt insecure and rushed inside.

As I laid my stuff to the side, I looked at the clock. He would soon turn into his other form. I went to the kitchen to grab a quick snack to keep me busy...Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned around expecting to see him walk in, but he didn't. I hesitantly went to the living room.

"Yoongi?"

Sitting on the couch, he swing a small white paper in his hand staring at it as he hunched down. I couldn't tell if he was upset or mad.

"..What am I to you Y/N?" his voice was fragile.

"What?"

"Am I a burden?"

"Yoongi? No, no you're not a burden." I said as I approached him, but stopped midway.

He stood up, stroking his hair back revealing his forehead. He bit his bottom lip and looked away, his body seemed to be trembling a bit. The next thing I knew, he went up to me pinning me to the nearest wall. He cupped both of my cheeks and leaned his forehead against mine. My guess was so he could stay still.

"B-Be honest with me Y/N...Am I a bother in your life?"

"Why would you say that?"

His eyes then looked straight at me, even his body stopped shaking. I noticed the blue in his eyes glowing dimly.

"Then why are you sticking your nose in my business?" he voice was husky now, sounding almost irritated.

"What are you talking about?"

He raised the paper he had in his hands...It was the picture his mother gave me of him.

"What did I tell you?" His words send shivers down my spine.

"Please Yoongi, let me explain-"

The doorbell rang and the both of us stop breathing.

His nose twitched and his eyes grew wider. He quickly turned to look at the door, a look of fear and shock in his eyes.

"..It can't be.."...