Myths

I was reading my textbook when he spoke up.

"Y/N.."

"Huh?"

"Can you tell me about what you learned?"

"About astronomy??"

"Yeah..if it's too much to ask?"

"..Um, sure. Right now we're studying a new section, but I like my professor because he gives us other aspects to look at."

"Like what?"

"How people in ancient times saw the celestial objects, their stories and myths. I find it interesting."

"Really? So..can you tell me anything about the lunar eclipse?"

"The lunar eclipse? Well we haven't covered much of it. The stories we've all heard when we were young, was always about the full moon and werewolves and stuff like that. We did however study about the Korean, South American and African myths, since those are his favorites. I like them too."

"What are they about?"

"Well, in the South American versions, it talks about a big cat, a jaguar, if I remember correctly that comes and attacks the moon. In the Korean version, it talks about fire dogs that attack both the sun and moon. I think my favorite is the African one, where the sun and the moon are fighting during the eclipse, but the people encourage them to stop. It's like a reconciliation in nature, to set aside our differences and settle old disputes."

"..Well..that's not too far from the truth.."

"Huh? You believe in this?"

"...Well..some things are off in all the stories. I wouldn't exactly believe in all the ideals, especially in the African myth."

"So you're more of an idealistic person."

"...Sort of.."

"Well, I honestly don't know what to believe in, especially after I met you."

"..I can see why...it's the same for me.."

"How come?"

"..After what I've been through, there's less to expect of this life, but once we have something out of the ordinary present itself to us, we don't know what to make out of it. I think that'll be all for today. I'm gonna take a nap." he said and closed his eyes.

I thought of what he said for the rest of class. Somehow I connected with it, and wondered what he's been through. The thought of celestial beings that attacked the sun and the moon, and fought against each other...could seem so surreal, uncanny. I thought about him and his connection with the moon and the sun since it had an affect on his form. He was a cat, similar to the big cat, but he's small. What did he know that he seemed so sure? Is he a celestial being?? I was really curious now, but I didn't want to bother him with my questions. Class was over and I tapped gently at him.

"Huh??"

"Class is over..Come, I'll carry you." I said and held him gently in my arms.

He didn't resist and continued to take a nap in them. I walked out of class and head back home.

"Y/N!" I heard someone call out to me.

I turned around and saw Lucy rushing towards me.

"Oh, hey there Lucy."

"Hello Y/N. I just happened to see you and just wanted to remind you of the party tonight."

"Oh, yeah. I'll be there."

"Make sure you remind Yoongi about it. I'm sure he'll make things more fun and interesting- oh, is that the cat you were telling me about last time?"

"Huh? Oh..yeah."

"Aww! What's its name?"

"His name is...um..Yoongi.."

"Huh?? His name is Yoongi too??"

"..Um, yeah..it's his cat." I said trying to play it off.

"So he called his cat after himself?"

"..I guess so. Anyways, I have to go home and get ready."

"Okay, remember it's a costume party. See ya." she said as she cheerfully left.

I finally arrived home and placed my stuff down and placed him on the couch. He sure was a heavy sleeper. I checked the kitchen and he ate what I left him. I cleaned up and got ready. I looked through my stuff and looked for something I can put on for the party. I found a black leather dress and I grabbed my black cat ears. I put my black gloves and wedges aside. I planned on doing cat eyes and my makeup a bit dark. Funny I had this and wondered what Yoongi would think of me dressing up as a cat lady. One thing about me, was I like to be ready before time. I went down stairs and went to eat something real quick. Something about getting dressed up, brought up my mood. I was actually a bit excited. I just had to wait until time came to put it on. Just then Yoongi came in lazily and sat next to me.

"What's got into you? You've been really tired lately." I said

"...I don't know..I feel funny for some reason. Any how, you seem happy. What for?"

"Oh, we have the party tonight remember?"

"Oh, right. I thought you weren't excited though?"

"At first yeah, but this whole dress up thing got to me. Do you want to do anything special?"

"..I think I'm good with just a hood."

"Well..I think it'll be fine if you go with your regular form. Who would think your ears are real?"

"Maybe, but I wouldn't want them asking me about them. Who knows? What are you going to dress up as?"

"It'll be a surprise."

"I see. Well then..I'm gonna take another nap..tell me when it's time."

"But you just woke up??"

"..I know, I know." he said and walked away.

I was a bit concerned for him, he seemed a bit weak...