Chilly mornings

Aria's pov:

I can immediately tell it's a cold morning when I wake with a shiver.

To my dismay, when I turn over, I find that my personal heater is not in bed next to me.

I look at the clock to see it's only 8:30am. Where could that man be and why is he not snuggling into me, keeping me warm?

Maybe I could get up to look for him?

After a moment of thought, I shake my head no to myself and snuggle back into the covers, trying to keep myself as warm as possible.

It's too cold outside the sheets, and it's really warm in here with the layers of blankets piled on our bed and my husbands yellow t shirt which I kinda own now.

I'd be warmer if Ezra was next to me.

I don't know how he can do it, sleeping without his shirt even in the dead of winter. I would kill to have at least an ounce of body heat, especially during the cold months.

Finally, Ezra returns to our bedroom and he smiles when he sees I'm awake.

"Good morning my sleeping beauty." He grins

"Morning beast." I joke which makes him playfully roll his eyes.

"I'm hurt. Especially since I just made you a hot chocolate." He says, placing the hot drinks on our bedside table and then placing his right hand on his heart.

"Thank you. I really need it." I reply as he climbs into bed besides me.

"I know. Especially with those ice cube feet of yours. I'd be much appreciated if you ever decided you'd like to wear socks in the winter months." He tells me but I shake my head no.

"Never going to happen. Hate wearing socks in bed. Anyway, I have you to keep me warm!" I point out, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"How could I forget? Your coldness reminds me every night." He laughs before we relax into a comfortable silence.

Extremely short but Christmas is coming. I might update once more (hopefully with a longer one shot) before Christmas but no promises. If I don't get the chance, I want to wish you all a wonderful and peaceful Christmas.