Here now

Aria's pov:

"Are you sure that your going to be alright?" my husband asks me for about the 20th time.

"I'm sure! It's only for a couple of days. I still have 3 weeks left until this little one comes." I tell him, slightly pushing him out the door before he misses his ride.

"Okay. Give me a kiss before I go." he smiles, pulling me close to him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and can't help but deepen the kiss before I finally let him go.

"See you soon. I love you." I say honestly.

"I love you too and you bubba." he replies before he leans down to peck my very swollen stomach.

He gives me one last kiss before he is out the door.

About two months ago, he released a new book and has been going on small tour to visit some people and tomorrow he has one last visit a couple of hours away before the baby is born.

Some places he has been too have been local but others a little further away. Ezra tried to reason with his publisher since he didn't want to be too far away from me near our babies due date but she insisted that this is the last one and it's still three weeks before our baby is due.

Since I am exhausted, I decided to go and take a nap, only to be woken four hours later with a really intense pain in my stomach.

"Oh no." I gasp before I huddle over in pain. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to breath and when the pain stops, I think that its over until it comes back stronger.

I pick up my phone and try ringing Ezra but he doesn't answer.

"Damn it! Oh, Spence!" I say to myself before I dial my best friends number.

Thankfully she picks up after one ring.

"Hello?" she questions.

"Spencer, I need you to come and get me." I gasp out when the contraction stopped.

"Why? What's wrong?" she asks concerned

"I need to go to the hospital as the baby is coming. Please hurry, it's hurting a lot." I tell her and even thought that's obvious, she doesn't mention it.

"Coming." she simply says before she hangs up.

Its not 5 minutes before Spencer bursts through the door. She sees that I have the hospital bag on the floor by mine and Ezra's wardrobe and she's quick to pick it up before she helps me to the car.

Once I'm seated, we're off to the hospital.

"Have you called Ezra?" she asks focusing on the road.

"He didn't answer." I tell her.

"Try him again. Fitz is going to miss it if he doesn't hurry back." she replies making my eyes widen.

He's going to miss his child's birth and I'm going to have to go through labour alone.

Just as i'm about to ring him, I suddenly feel wetness underneath me and dripping down my leg.

"Errrr Spencer, my water just broke." I say awkwardly making her look at me.

"In my car, lovely. Just try to hang in there." she tells me making me roll my eyes.

I phone Ezra and thankfully he picks up.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asks.

"Ezra! The baby is coming. You need to come back now." I gasp out as another contraction hits.

"Shit. I'm coming now sweetheart. I'll be there as fast as I can." he tells me just as we are pulling into the hospital.

I let Ezra know and he tells me he loves me before he hangs up.

Spencer calls for help and a couple of nurses get me a wheelchair and take me to the maternity ward.

"Aria, we need to see how dilated you are." my midwife tells me as soon as she enters the room.

Spencer stands by my side as the midwife checks but I'm shocked when she says "your 8cm. This baby is going to be here pretty soon."

"How is that possible? I wasn't having any pain until half an hour ago." I tell her.

"That would be because every labour is different. Some woman take over 24 hours to give birth and some only take a couple. Your one of the lucky ones and this should be over soon." she says with a smile but I don't feel lucky.

"Lucky? My husband is going to miss it." I respond angrily but she doesn't even flinch. I guess its because she will be use to people shouting at her when they're in labour.

I didn't mean to snap, I'm just very frustrated and in a lot of pain.

"Your friend is allowed to stay with you if you wish." she says before she starts gathering equipment.

"Will you stay?" I ask, turning towards Spencer.

"Of course." she smiles before she lets me grip her hand.

I get another contraction and without thinking, I squeeze Spencer's hand a bit harder than I intended too.

"You owe me for this." she says wincing.

Ezra's pov:

It's been three hours since Aria called me to tell me she went into labour and I am freaking out.

There's a good chance that I missed the birth but all I care about is making sure Aria and the baby is alright.

I rush to the reception desk and gasp out "Aria Fitz, i'm her husband Ezra Fitz" as I am out of breath from all the running I've just done.

"Room B 26." she says and I can't help but smile at the room number.

I take the elevator to the second floor and within minutes I find the room and see Spencer standing outside of it.

"Finally, go see your wife and baby." she grins and I feel the excitement bubbling inside of me.

I open the door and I swear my face is going to break at how big my smile is.

"It's a girl." Aria tells me as we didn't want to find out the gender until our baby was born.

I slowly walk over to the bed and tears well in my eyes at the sight of my little girl, sweetly sleeping in her mothers arms.

"Here." Aria says, holding our girl further up so I can hold her.

"She's perfect." I whisper just as our baby opens her little eyes which I now see are blue matching mine "So beautiful."

Aria moves a little so I can sit on the end of her bed and I turn my attention to my wife.

"Good job baby. You did amazing and i'm so sorry I missed it." I tell her.

"It's alright. Only took a couple of hours. She must of knew that daddy wasn't here to help me so she made it as quick as possible." Aria says and I sweetly peck her on the lips.

"What should we call her?" I wonder.

"How about Anavaeh?" Aria suggests.

"I think it's perfect." I tell her before I wrap my arm around her as we look at our little girl. Anavaeh.