You're still the one

Aria and Ezra both remained single during the time she was at college.

Aria's pov:

As soon as I pass the Rosewood sign letting me know I have made it to my home town, my heart begins to hammer in my chest.

The whole journey, all I could think about was being home and seeing my family and friends again. I have seen them a few times during the five years we spent apart but it was never all together due to the commitments we had.

But my friends and family aren't the only people I am expecting to see.

Ezra is still in Rosewood, he stayed here the whole time I was away.

You might wonder how I know this since we haven't spoke for about 3 years now but I always asked my mom to update me as she knows how much I cared about him.

How much I still care.

There were times during college where I just wanted to pack up and come back to him but I knew I needed to graduate and get the full experience, just as Ezra wanted for me.

Even though we agreed it would be best that I went to college single, I was never interested in all the guys who hit on me because my soul mate was back at home.

But although I am still very much single now, I don't know if Ezra is as my mother didn't get all up in his private life, she just checked on him now again since his family has never bothered and I needed to know he was alright.

I always felt so much more relaxed when I knew he was okay.

Pulling up to the Brew, many emotions mix together as I prepare myself to walk inside.

Although I am feeling a lot right now, I am mostly nervous as seeing Ezra with someone else would ruin everything.

I don't know if I could stay in Rosewood seeing him with someone else and of course I would be happy for him as I don't expect him to have stayed single if he met someone really special, it would just be too much for me to watch everyday.

The bell of The Brew rings as I enter and the feeling of sadness comes upon me when I see a young woman working at the counter.

She greats me with a smile and I order my drink before taking a seat in my favourite corner after she tells me she will bring it over when it's ready.

Within a few minutes, my drink is placed in front of me and I thank her before taking a sip of my favourite coffee.

Grinning when I see my all time favourite book, I reach over to read it but when I flip the page, a piece of paper falls out.

Confused, I pick it up and my heart almost stops when I see what's on it.

To my love, to my B-26.

I fell deep in love, the first time I saw you.

Your love, my darling made me feel so beautiful and new.

We had some wonderful times together.

Both good and bad, but we got through it.

We stuck together, just like we always do.

Five years apart and I still feel the same way.

I want to hold you in my arms and never let you go.

Hold you so close to me that you feel what you do to my heart.

I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you.

I never thought I'd find someone who could take my breath away.

Through the mistakes I made, you stuck by my side.

Letting you go, was the hardest thing I ever done.

But finally you home and I can breath again.

You're still the one.

You always have been.

Love, your B-26.

Tears are now dripping off my face but before I can wipe them away, a soft hand beats me too it.

"Ezra." I breathe out, meeting his beautiful blue eyes that I have missed so much.

"Aria, welcome home." he smiles through his own tears.

"I've missed you so much." he continues, pulling me into his arms and I immediately relax into the familiar comfort.

"I missed you too. I am so glad to be finally home with you again." I tell him as I begin to calm down.

"But, how did you know I-" I start to question but he cuts me off with a chuckle.

"How did I know that you were still single? The same way you know that I am." he replies with a smirk.

"My mom?" I ask with a laugh even though I know the answer.

"Yep." he grins. "I was constantly worried about you and I needed to know you were alright but your mom let it slip that you were doing the exact same thing." he continues.

"I guess it seems kinda stupid now. I should've just texted you." I laugh, pulling back to see him better.

"I should've just texted you too but I didn't want to disrupt you." he tells me honestly.

"It doesn't matter now. I'm home and I'm not leaving you again." I reply truthfully.

"Good. I have already made a promise to myself that I am never letting you walk out of my life again." Ezra beams at me.

We stare deeply into each others eyes before we move forward to connect our lips but before we get the chance, we're interrupted by a loud voice.

"Could've guessed you'd be here. Surprised you didn't double check Ezra was single before you came over here." my mom smirks making me blush.

"Come on, I didn't ask you that many times." I reply but she shakes her head in disagreement.

"Are you sure? Because I still have the messages if you would like-" I cut her off.

"Okay, we get it." I say making her and Ezra laugh.

"Welcome home baby girl." she smiles, pulling me into her arms making me grin widely.

I look over my moms shoulder to see Ezra pouting and pointing to his lips jokingly making me chuckle.

It's good to be home.