Daisy has a boyfriend

Aria and Ezra are both writers. Ezra doesn't work at a school in this one shot.

Aria's Pov:

I hold onto my daughters hand tightly as we walk through the busy crowd near her school.

It is her second week at school and she is settling in amazingly.

My heart broke the first day I brought her to school when it hit me that my little girl was growing up, much too fast for mine and Ezra's liking.

On the other hand, we're going to have a new little monster to look after soon as I am currently four months pregnant with our second child which we're all super excited for.

Daisy can't wait to help us look after her new little sibling. I am very proud of her.

"Mommy?" Daisy asks me, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Yes, honey?" I respond looking down at her.

"How old do I have to be to have a boyfriend?" she asks me making me chuckle.

"Well, you dad's and my opinion on that question is completely different." I state and she looks at me with confusion written all over her beautiful little face.

"Why?" asks.

"Because daddy doesn't want his little girl growing up too fast." I reply and she nods her head.

Its silent for a moment before she speaks again.

"How old were you when daddy was your boyfriend" she questions me.

"Well, I was 16 when I first met your daddy." I tell her truthfully.

"Well then its sorted. I can have a boyfriend at 16." Daisy replies with a smirk.

"That's a good age." I respond as we arrive at the school.

She stands by my side, waiting for her the teachers to come out and take their classes in.

"DAISY!" I hear another child scream before out of nowhere, a little boy who is in Daisy's class comes running towards her and hugs her tightly.

"Stop, my mommy is here." Daisy says trying to be quiet but I heard her clearly.

"What's wrong with that?" the little boy who is called Daniel asks.

"She doesn't know you are my boyfriend." Daisy whispers but before I can say anything to her, the teacher comes out and calls the children to enter the building.

"Bye mommy." Daisy says, giving me a warm hug.

I wave bye and watch as she makes her way into the school, Daniel following closely behind her and I can't help but chuckle to myself when I watch Daisy move her hand away from Daniel when he tries to touch it.

6 hours later

"Hello mommy!" Daisy says, greeting me with a hug.

"Hey princess, did you have a good day?" I ask her with a smirk.

"Yes it was really fun! I played outside with my friends." Daisy says, excitement fills her voice.

"Hey, gorgeous." Ezra smiles, leaning down to give me a quick kiss.

Since both me and Ezra are working on books, we have gotten in a routine where I will take Daisy to school on a morning and he will pick her up on a night since with the current morning sickness, I wake up quite early anyway.

Ezra has already told me that it will be changing soon and he will be doing both the dropping off and picking up but for now, it works perfectly.

He insists on me getting enough sleep and rest before the baby is born which i'm not complaining about, he is the best and most supporting husband that I could ever ask for.

"Hey." I smile but that widens when I see that Ezra has brought take out for tea.

Since both me and Ezra is very concerned about making sure the baby is healthy, we don't get take out that much but its nice to have a treat sometimes and a little won't harm the baby.

"You hungry?" Ezra asks making me roll my eyes.

"You already know the answer to that." I reply with a giggle which Ezra responds.

We all make our way to the kitchen table where Ezra dishes our Daisy's plate as she is too little to do it herself.

Once we all are sorted, we dig in and spent time chatting about our day and asking Daisy what activities she did today.

"So, did you play with Daniel today?" I ask Daisy with a smirk clear on my face.

"Yes." Daisy mumbles making me laugh.

"Was it fun?" I question her while Ezra looks at us both, confused to what is going on.

"Mommy, stop." Daisy wines, clearly getting embarrassed at where this conversation is going.

"Who's Daniel?" Ezra wonders, looking at Daisy.

"He is a friend." Daisy simply replies.

"Hmm, really?" I ask her, watching as she avoids meeting mine and Ezra's eyes.

"He's my boyfriend." She says, finally giving in.

"What?" Ezra asks in a joking manner. Although if she were 14, this wouldn't be a joke.

"Mommy said I could have one." Daisy states making my jaw drop.

Little monster is trying to blame me.

"That's no what I said. I said you could when you are 16." I tell her.

"We didn't agree on that age, Aria." Ezra says with a smile.

"Well, I am nearly 6!" Daisy exclaims, completely ignoring Ezra's comment.

"You aren't getting a boyfriend, you are going to stay here and be my little girl forever." Ezra says, trying to look serious.

"But you will have another baby, they can be your little girl." Daisy states, annoyed that Ezra isn't agreeing with her.

"1, we don't know if they baby is a girl yet and 2, if the baby is a girl, you will both be my little girls forever." Ezra says with a wide smile.

"So, is your little girl allowed to have a boyfriend?" I ask Ezra, interested in his response.

"Sure, she can have one until she is 7 and then after that, there will be no dating until she's 30." Ezra says making me laugh.

The table falls silent again as we finish our means and I think about how I love these sweet moments so much and how important my family is to me.

Ezra may not want Daisy to date until she is 30, but I know he will let her years and years before then. This is because she is his little girl and he will do anything to make her happy, including letting her be happy with her own Prince Charming one day.

As long as the Prince Charming treats her like a princess.