Seeing red

Ezra's pov:

Arias phone beeps and she lets me know it's Spencer before she sends her a message back letting her know we're almost at the bar.

Today is Toby's birthday and all he wanted was to spend the night out with a few friends which we're all very happy to help with.

"She said that everyone else is already there. I knew we'd be the last ones to arrive." Aria says giving me a playful glare.

"Hey, it's not my fault you took so long to get ready." I reply with a smirk.

I laugh as she rolls her eyes at me before she turns to face me.

"Excuse me but I wasn't the only one who needed to get dressed. Well, redressed." she complains making me laugh.

"It's not my fault your looking so damn fine tonight!" I defend myself which earns a glare from my fiancé.

"You couldn't have waited a few hours?" she exclaims.

"Could you have waited that long? You've already told me at least 10 times how sexy I look tonight." I state with raised eyebrows.

"Yes Ezra! I could have waited more than 10 minutes! I'd just finished getting ready and then I had to reapply my make-up." she points out and I have no answer because it's the truth.

"Good thing we're here now then." I say, pulling into a parking space.

"Yeah. It's perfect that we're almost half an hour late." she replies, rolling her eyes before she unfastens her seatbelt and climbs out our car.

I'm quick to follow her so that I don't make her more angrier than she is.

We join hands and she gives me a small smile which relaxes me and together we make our way into the pub to join our friends.

"Hey, you're finally here! We were beginning to get worried that you wouldn't manage to make it at all. Is your desires filled for at least three hours?" Spencer gaps in shock as soon as she spots us.

"Ezra's fault." Aria states simply and I open my mouth pretending to be shocked.

"Me? You couldn't keep your hands off me." I exclaim which makes Aria blush.

"We all know the reason why." she says glancing down to her stomach. "Once i'm fired up, we gotta finish." she grins making Spencer groan.

"Okay enough of this, let's get you both a drink. Sadly no alcohol for you shorty." Spencer smiles at Aria.

"I'm aware Spencer." she replies and i'm quick to chip in.

"None for me either. I promised Aria that we would do this together. Plus I have the car with me." I explain when Spencer raises her eyes in question.

"Goals! I will never get over how cute the pair of you are but remember what I am capable of doing if you ever hurt her." Spencer warns and I salute her before we greet our other friends and wish Toby a 'happy birthday'.

"How's the little one?" Hanna asks Aria excitedly as always when the topic of our baby comes up. She's already told us that she's going to spoil our little one like crazy and we've given her permission to do the baby shower a long with Emily as she bugged us since Aria first told her, almost 4 months ago but she didn't want the full responsibility.

Spencer is Aria's maid of honour which is why Aria choose the other two girls to do the baby shower.

Alison is going to be out of town during the baby shower which is why she isn't involved with that but she's convinced us that she's happy just being a bridesmaid.

"She's chill. Not bothering me too much yet and I'm finally passed the morning sickness." Aria tells her and Hanna gasps rather loudly.

"It's a girl?" she asks but soon frowns when Aria shakes her head.

"We've already told you that only Emily knows until the day before the baby shower due to your rather loud mouth. You're still going to know before us." I reply as we decided to have the baby shower and gender reveal all in one but she looks at Caleb hoping he will defend her.

"It's kind of true, babe." he says which makes everyone laugh.

Spencer brings us our drinks and we begin celebrating Toby's birthday and having a lot of fun together.

It isn't often when we can all get together like this due to us all having our own lives, jobs and responsibilities but we try to catch up when we're all free and able to.

"Hey babe, you want me to get the next round?" Aria asks me as she stands up.

"You want me to come with you?" I question but she shakes her head 'no'.

"The bar is only 10 steps away. I'll be right back." she smiles but I can't help but keep my eye on her as there is a lot of people here who have been drinking since this afternoon.

That is how I notice a man start a conversation with Aria which keeps my attention on her.

He moves closer to her and I notice by her body language that she's feeling uncomfortable, then she shakes her head and before I know it, he has her pushed up against the bar with his lips on hers as she tries to push away.

Red.

That's all I see.

Within seconds, i'm over to where they are and I pull the guy off her before I punch him in the nose, not giving him the chance to say anything before I warn "touch her again, and you'll get more than just a bust nose you disgusting man. When a girl says 'no', she means it. Now get out of here before I punch you again." within seconds, he grabs his stuff and rushes out the pub.

I take Aria into my arms and she rests her head on my neck which is when I feel the tears she's shredding.

"You're okay now." I tell her as she holds me tighter.

"Thank you." she whispers to me.

"Anytime baby, you know I'm always going to protect you." I let her know and I feel her nod in reply.

I take her outside to get some fresh air and after asking her if she wants to go home, she tells me that she doesn't want him to ruin our night and with that, we re-enter the pub and enjoy the rest of our night with our amazing friends.