Insecurity

This is a modern day one shot. Just in case anyone is a little confused.

Aria's Pov:

I watched as my friends excitedly got ready to go into the pool.

Summer. Ugh.

I didn't even want to be here in the first place but my friends managed to convince me to come and have some fun.

Although I didn't realize that we were going to be joined and have the company of their boyfriends and what makes it even worse, my crush is here too.

Crush. No that's not the right word to use. In love is more like it.

I'm in love with Ezra Fitz and no one but Spencer knows about it.

"Aria, are you going to get changed? The bathroom is free now and your the only one who hasn't changed." Spencer states as soon as she notices that I haven't moved from the spot I first stood in when I first arrived.

"Erm, I think I'm just going to go in later. I'm not feeling too good at the moment Spence." I reply, hoping I look convincing enough.

It doesn't work as she see's straight through me.

"Aria, come one. Let's go and have some fun. We don't have much time left before school starts and then we wont have this opportunity for quite some time." Spencer answers.

Emily, Hanna and, Alison all nod in agreement.

Suddenly we hear the screams of laughter coming from outside and I cant help but cringe. I will not go out looking so exposed to everyone out there, especially Ezra.

He will never like me once he see's my body.

Spencer notices the unsure look on my face and ushers the other girls out of her bedroom telling them she will meet them at the pool.

"Aria, what's wrong? and don't lie to me little one. I know something is up." Spencer says with a slight convincing smile.

"I just don't feel comfortable about going out there with everyone watching. I don't want Ezra to see me." I answer before I sit on her bed sighing.

"Now I get it. Listen to me Aria, you have nothing to be worried about. Hey put it this way, if I were Ezra, I would have hit on you a long time ago. I know you may be worried about how other people will look at you but coming from another girls point of view, I think you're beautiful." Spencer says as she leans in to give me a hug.

"Thanks Spence." I reply gratefully. Although I'm still not completely comfortable, I'm happy enough to come and join everyone else, even if it's just for a little while.

"Anytime Aria. We're team Sparia! I'm always here for you when you need me. I'll will give you some time. Come down when you're ready." Spencer smiles in which I return.

She gives my hand a slight squeeze before she stands up and leaves her room, giving me some space and time to get ready.

Spencer's Pov:

I make my way down to the pool and I'm greeted by both screams ad laughter coming from everyone but one.

"Hey, where's Aria?" Ezra questions looking around confused.

"She's erm, she's just packing her clothes away into her bag, she will be down soon." I reply trying to be as convincing as possible because to be completely honest, I'm not sure if Aria will definitely come and join us.

I've known about her crush on Ezra for quite some time now but what she doesn't know is that Ezra also has a crush on her. No lets not put it like that, they are both in love with each other but none of them have the courage to admit it.