More than friends?

Aria's pov:

My phone beeps signalling that a text message has just come through on my phone.

I grab my phone off my bedside table to see it's from my best friend Ezra.

'You almost there? I've ordered your favourite :)' it says which makes me grin as he knows me so much that he doesn't even need to ask what I like on my pizza.

'On my way. Will be about five minutes' I reply before I put my phone inside my bag and say goodbye to Spencer, my roommate.

I am currently studying English at Savannah college which is where I met Ezra. He sat next to me in my first class and we've been best of friends ever since.

He's been there for me through my best and worse, never letting me down. I've always been the same with him as he means so much to me. More than he knows.

He was there for me when my parents got divorced, when one of my best friends moved away and even after I found out my boyfriend of 6 months had been cheating on me.

No matter how low I was feeling at each of these times, he's always brought me back and reminded me of the good things in life.

Realizing I am outside of his dorm, I knock on the door and within seconds, I am dragged inside and warm arms hold me close.

"You know how I love your bear hugs but your holding me a little too tightly right now." I manage to gasp out which causes him to immediately pull away and check to make sure i'm alright.

"Sorry, I've just missed you so much." he tells me and I find myself nodding as I know exactly how he feels.

"Me too. So glad I can spend most the night as it's Saturday tomorrow. Where's Caleb?" I wonder as we make our way over to his couch.

"Out with the lads. He probably won't be back for the rest of the night as he mumbled something about visiting Hanna after some drinks." he explains, wiggling his eyebrows knowingly which makes me giggle.

We have just loaded our favourite show on Netflix when there's a knock on the door.

"That's the pizza. Perfect timing. Give me two seconds?" he asks as he stands up.

"Of course." I smile before I watch him walk away to answer the door.

He pays the delivery man before he joins me on the couch once again, opening the box and offering me a slice of pizza.

I thank him and he smiles in reply before he loads up the most recent episode that we haven't seen yet as we always make plans to watch it together.

As the show goes on and our pizza disappears into our stomachs, I notice we have managed to inch ourselves closer so that I'm practically sat on his lap.

We're so close that Ezra has his arm around me and it's resting on my waist and ever so lightly, his fingers rub my bare skin where my waist is showing which sends shivers down my whole body.

I'm not going to lie, but sitting here cuddled up to Ezra adds to the fact that I want to be with him more than a friend but I can't find the courage to bring it up as he might not want anything more to do with me.

"What's up?" he wonders, sensing my worry.

"Nothing, i'm fine." I try but I know its no use.

He always sees right through me.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong, i'm going to tickle you until you do." he smiles but before I can say anything, he begins to tickle me which makes me laugh as I try to squirm out of his arms but it's impossible.

Every couple of seconds, he lets me catch my breathe and when both he and I are least expecting it, I blurt you "i'm in love with you." which stops his movements.

We lie there staring at each other for a moment and after a few minutes, it's too much.

I cant believe I've just said that! I've ruined everything!

Within seconds, I am out from underneath him and rushing to the door as quick as possible but before I can open it, i'm spun around and my lips meet Ezra's.

We kiss deeply until we're out of breath.

When we pull away, Ezra puts on of his hands on my cheek as he other rests on my lower back.

"I'm in love with you too." he tells me which makes my face break out into a grin which matches his.

"How long?" I wonder out of curiosity.

"Pretty much since the moment I lay eyes on you. You don't understand how long I've wanted to do that. When you told me about Jason cheating on you, all I wanted to do was break every bone in his body but I had to look after you first." he says truthfully.

"His eye?" I ask with wide eyes.

"Yep. That famous black eye that he said he got from a fight way actually from me. I said that if he ever messed with you again, I'd do much worse. That's a promise that I will keep for a long as he is at this college and living anywhere near you." he explains making me laugh but i'm grateful he has my back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask even though I think I have a pretty good idea why.

"I was going too. Until you met Jason and you seemed happy. I couldn't take that away from you." he says confirming my thoughts.

"But we can be together now, right?" I question which makes him grin.

"Definitely and I am never letting go you Aria Montgomery. I will never hurt you like he did. I love you." he says, staring deeply into my eyes.

"I love you too." I smile before he pulls me into another passionate kiss.