Is this okay?

Aria is 20 and Ezra is 24

Ezra's pov:

"Lilia, get ready please so we can go and meet Aria for some ice - cream." I shout upstairs so that my 4-year-old daughter can hear me.

"Yes daddy." She shouts back before I walk into the kitchen to grab some money from my wallet.

Me and Aria have been dating for about a year and a half now and everything is going amazing. She's perfect.

We met in a coffee shop in town and I was immediately drawn to her beautiful brown hair and dazzling eyes.

When we started talking, we clicked instantly. We talked for hours about English and books. She told me how she was majoring in English, just like I had.

We had so much in common but there was something she needed to know before we took it any further.

I have a daughter. Lilia, who was only 2 at the time. As soon as Lilia was born, I had to stop working as a English teacher to take care of her.

My daughter has never met her mother properly as she handed me the baby as soon as she was born and ran off with my brother.

At the time, I was devastated as I thought we had something. During the pregnancy, she always told me that she wasn't ready to have a baby but that she was going to do it for me, for us, in the hopes we would become a family and all our problems would disappear but that didn't happen.

She left and I haven't heard of her since. I have full custody of my little girl and she means the world to me. I wouldn't change what happened for anything cause although her biological mother disappeared, Aria has been amazing with her since the moment they met.

My heart swelled every time I watched Aria interact with Lilia and I know she is going to be an amazing mother one day to her own children and maybe even Lilia if I am lucky enough to keep her.

Since I no longer talk to my family, it has always been me and Lilia. She had no woman figure in her like whatsoever so when Aria came into my life, it felt as if she completed us and I have been very honest with her about my family and what happened with Lilia's mother in which she responded by telling me how proud she was of me.

"I'm ready, daddy." I hear Lilia say as she bounces down the stairs happily.

"Okay darling, lets go meet Aria." I smile as I take her hand in mine and we make our way to the car.

I buckle her into her car seat and we begin our journey to pick up Aria.

Aria drives, she has her own car and she lives in a smaller apartment than mine, not too far away from me but since we are meeting for ice - cream today, I told her that I might as well pick her up to save us both from driving.

We spend a lot of time together, especially over the last few weeks as it is currently summer so Aria is off work.

Lilia is going to be starting kindergarden soon so I am returning to work part time at the high school that Aria just so happens to be working at now.

"Daddy?" Lilia questions, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes honey?" I wonder what could be on her little mind today.

"Are you going to marry Aria?" she asks me making my heart skip a beat.

I had been thinking about our future and I was planning on asking her to marry me on our second anniversary but I didn't know whether it would be too soon.

"Maybe one day but only if you are alright with having Aria in our life always." I tell her honestly.

"I would like that. I love Aria very much and she is the best mommy ever." she says happily making me freeze.

Not once has she ever referred to Aria as "mommy" but my heart melts at my daughter.

"Is that what you want? For Aria to be your mommy?" I ask her, interested in her thoughts about this situation.

"Yes, very much. Do you think she would be okay with me calling her mommy?" Lilia asks but truthfully I don't actually know.

Aria loves Lilia very much but I don't know if she would be overwhelmed with suddenly been called mommy by her.

"I guess you could ask her?" I suggest and I look through the mirror to see Lilia nodding her little head at me.

We arrive at Aria's house and my grin widens at the sight of my beautiful girlfriend.

"Hey." she smiles at me as she quickly pecks me on the cheek, not wanting to do too much with Lilia sitting in the back.

"Hey beautiful." I reply making her blush before she turns her attention to the little girl in the back.

"Hi Lilia. You excited for ice - cream?" she asks her.

"Always." Lilia cheers making both me and Aria laugh.

We make small talk as we drive into town before I pull into the parking lot just across the street from the ice - cream shop.

We get out of the car and Aria opens the door for Lilia before she helps her out of the car seat.

Lilia immediately places her hand in Aria's making me smile even more if possible.

I hold Aria's other hand as we make our way to the shop, just like a family.

Lilia rushes to the front to have a look at all the options, her little tongue sticks out as she thinks.

"Can I have bubble-gum please, mommy?" Lilia asks and I swear the whole world freezes.

I wasn't expecting her to say it so soon after our talk.

Looking at Aria, I can see tears welling in her eyes but she has a huge smile on her face and my heart melts at how happy she looks.

She looks at me for as if she's asking for permission but I nod my head immediately.

"Of course, you can get whatever you would like." Aria says to her as I move closer and hold Aria closely to my side.

"Are you okay with this?" I ask her, needing to make sure that Aria is happy with this although I think I already know the answer.

"I'm more than okay. As long as you both want it." Aria tells me softly.

"Lilia wants it and I want it too. More than anything." I say before I connect our lips together in a sweet kiss.