Jealously

Hanna's pov:

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Spencer asks our group (except from Aria as she already went home).

"I'm sure. Stop worrying. Those guys are meant to be together and Aria needs to get off her high-horse and realize it. I'm sick of the awkward meals at lunch and their depressed behaviour." I tell her honestly and she nods in reply.

"Then let's do it." Emily agrees.

"So we'll see you in a couple of hours?" Alison asks, looking at her phone for the time

"Yep. 6:00pm and don't be a second late so we can get this sorted as soon as possible." I tell them before Spencer raises her eyebrows at me.

"How do we even know Aria is going to turn up? We know Ezra is coming as he told Toby he is but Aria has been putting the answer off since we first mentioned this party. Even today when I asked, all I got was a shrug." Spencer complains but I give her a grin.

"Oh she'll turn up. Don't worry about that." I reply before we say our goodbyes until 6:00pm.

Aria's pov:

Hanna has been bugging me all week to come to the party tonight but I still don't know if I should go.

Any other time I'd be happy to go out and have fun with my friends but that was before me and Ezra broke up.

We were together for a year before an allegation of him sleeping with someone else went around and as much as I want to believe him when he tells me he didn't do anything, I can't find it in myself to trust him completely due my past relationships and the same thing happening.

More than once.

A knock on the door means I have to leave my cocoon of blankets and I can only hope it isn't Ezra as I really don't want to face him now or ever.

Especially since there I a small part of me which believes him but i'm the fool who can't find the courage to speak to him to try and sort this mess out.

I look through the peep hole and groan when I see Hanna on the other side. I knew she'd come back and get me.

Opening the door for her, she immediately enters and the first thing she asks me is why I'm not ready for the party.

"How about, cause i'm not going?" I try but it's no use.

She'll drag me there someway somehow.

"Aria, i'm not letting you do this to yourself. If Ezra can come out and enjoy himself then you can too. If he has done something wrong, don't let him think that he's getting to you. You need to go out and act like he isn't there. Don't show him your hurting." she tells me.

"But I am hurting. I just want everything to be okay again." I reply as tears well up in my eyes.

"Then get ready, be your beautiful self and speak to him. You're both hurting and in my opinion, I don't think he did anything. You know what Courtney is like." Hanna points out, referring to the bitch of the school who created this mess.

I give her a slight nod making a grin appear on her face.

"That's my girl. I'll be down here waiting for you. Be quick as the taxi is due in 20 minutes." Hanna tells me as I rush up the stairs to get ready.

This is going to be an eventful night. I can just feel it already but I can only hope that this mess gets solved tonight as I don't think I can take much more.

At the party

Once we arrive, our other friends come to greet us and I nervously look around the room but freeze when I spot Ezra standing at the other side of the room, staring right at me.

I immediately break eye-contact and feel my heart thumping and my stomach turning from a mix of nervousness, guilt and love.

As soon as Toby see's we've arrive, the music starts and the party full of our group of friends is in full swing.

As i'm chatting with Spencer, I notice Ezra is sitting alone in the corner but before I mention it, Alison goes to join him.

Then my heart breaks when I see her rubbing her hand across his chest.

Ezra stands up to step back but Alison stands and takes a step closer so she is almost backing him into a corner.

I watch as she feels his muscles in his arms, flicks her hair and whispers in his ear but the whole time, Ezra looks unbelievably uncomfortable.

Still, the anger wells inside of me and it isn't long before I can't stand back and ignore it.

"What the hell are you doing, Alison?" I shout across the room.

Everyone turns their attention to me due to my sudden outburst. Ezra's eyes widen but Alison still remains calm and collected.

"What's the problem, Aria?" she wonders as if she doesn't know.

"You. Touching Ezra up with me standing right here." I exclaim but she just smirks at me.

"Well, you guys aren't together anymore so I don't see what's wrong here?" she points out but I know she's right.

Suddenly, I find myself walking towards her, ready to slap the smirk off her face but i'm stopped by Spencer, Emily and Hanna.

"Aria, i'm sorry. We didn't think you would react this way." Emily says and I look at her confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask my friends as we are now joined by Alison, the smug look completely off her face.

"We asked Alison to 'flirt' with Ezra so we could try and get you guys back together. None of the boys knew we had planned this." Hanna explains.

"You love him Aria and he loves you too. Think about it Aria. Do you really think he would ever do that to you?" Spencer questions, pointing at Ezra who is a lot closer than he was before.

It's as if someone has stole my voice because I can't find the ability to speak.

Instead, I shake my head no before tears begin to fall down my face.

"I'm sorry." I finally say, now looking at Ezra.

He comes closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me tightly against his chest.

"You don't need to be sorry. if I were in your position, I'd have reacted the same way. I promise you that I didn't do anything wrong. I love you too much to ever think about hurting you that way. I love you so much." he tells me.

"I love you too." I reply honestly, a bright smile appearing on my face for the first time in weeks.

Ezra lifts my chin and he pulls me into a deep kiss.

We don't pull away before we hear our friends cheering and I shove my head into Ezra's chest, feeling a little embarrassed to have been kissing in front of them all as they watched.

"Does this mean you will take me back?" Ezra asks hopefully.

"Of course. I should never have let you go." I reply, snuggling into his warmth.

For the first time in weeks, I feel at ease that I finally have my boy back.

It's almost my birthday 😱😱