99: Turning Into Black

As he was wearing the ring on my finger, the sunlight enters the room and gives a brighter light.

He kissed and hug me. He even lift me off of the ground 'cause of the so much joy he's feeling. And I feel the joy and gladness, too.

Inabutan niya naman ako ng bouquet of roses arranged beautifully.

"For you, my future wife," aniya habang todo ang ngiti.

I gladly accepted the flowers and smile. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang pag-init ng aking pisngi. Halatang kinikilig.

Enebe nemen kese. E ekew be nemen yeng sebehen ng 'my future wife' ng teeng mehel ne mehel me?

Dahil sa pagpasok ng liwanag na dulot ng araw ay saka ko palang napansin ang mga decorations. Masyado kasi akong naka-focus kay Reniel para mamasdan man lang kanina ang paligid namin.

Nagsilabasan na rin ang mga kasabwat ni Reniel sa pagsorpresa niya sa akin.

"Congratulations to the newly engaged!" Sabay-sabay nilang sabi at nagpaputok pa ng confetti.

Okay. Out of place ata ako. They all wear nice clothes while I'm just on a nightgown.

So pinagbihis nga nila ako and I changed into a tulle dress.

Kinuhanan nila kami ni Reniel ng mga litrato with the decorations as background and gusto pa nila na pinapakita iyong ring. But may photos na tago iyon. Ayoko rin namang ipangalandakan kaagad na engaged na kami. There will be a time for that at hindi muna sa ngayon.

"I really thought na next week pa ang uwi niyo.." utas ko.

We're now left alone in his place. We're having a coffee while watching television.

"We can't surprise you if we don't have to say white lies.." he retorted.

I make face at his answer and lean back at his chest while his arm is resting at the backrest of the sofa.

The next day, we went back to work. And papa said that I should be back home since Reniel just got back. So that, the issue will die down totally.

They all knew about the wedding proposal Reniel had planned. That is why, papa permitted me without any difficulties to stay at Reniel's abode while he's away.

"When do you want our wedding will be?" Reniel asked.

So here we are, talking and planning for the wedding. We're at his place, just the two of us, talking for the dates, places and whatnots that's related to our wedding.

"Kuya will tie the knot with his long time girlfriend soon so maybe next year?" I said skeptically.

"Oh, yeah. He's finally marrying her."

I nod as I reminisce how his love affair went through so much things. Kuya had to go through so much kind of difficulty when papa and mama sent me off to California and he had to go with us so he left her girlfriend and I know they suffer. We both suffer but I know, we have differences in some way.

So we settled the date, place, motif and other things.

Few weeks of beating ourselves too much of work, we left for a vacation.

Reniel and I needs relaxation so we're taking off from work. We just decided to have a trip to Coron so less hassle. And after this little vacation, we'll start on preparing for the wedding. We want to be hands on on every details for our wedding.

"Miss, sarong mo po nahulog.." aniya nang mapulot na niya iyong sarong na nakapulupot sa aking bewang.

I was busy taking pictures at the landscape where the endless waters meets the vast skies so I didn't realized that it was untied by the wind. Hindi ko ata natali ng maayos.