54: Glimpse from the Past

It's been a week of staying here and I still did not share to him the story why I am here. I don't have the courage to tell and I even don't know when will I have.

On the other hand, my family are trying to contact me but they just couldn't. I turned off my phone since I left and I just opened it yesterday and I got a hundred of messages and calls. I turned it off again so no one could ever get to me.

"You're brother keeps on calling me and even your mom. I always tell them that I don't know where you're staying at but they just can't let it slip away because I am the last person they saw that you're with. But you don't have to worry, I still can hide you. You know that actors are good at that, right?"

Tumango lang ako sa kanya. Hindi ako umiimik kapag iyon ang napapag-usapan namin. But I feel sorry so I should apologize for making him a liar.

"I'm sorry for keeping you a liar."

"You get it wrong, Kaitee." He shows an amused smile.

"No. I mean it."

"Well, you should not be."

Hindi nalang ako umimik. Yumuko nalang ako habang kinakain ang cereals ko.

Wala siyang trabaho ngayon. Kaya whole day siya rito. Hindi ko naman alam kung ano ba ang dapat gawin para man lang malibang.

Nadatnan ko siya sa balkonahe habang nag-iisip ng malalim. Ano naman kaya ang iniisip ng isang 'to?

"You're an only child, right?"

"Yeah. Why? Why did you ask?" he seemed so startled at my sudden appearance and ask him abruptly.

"I.. I don't know.. it's just came out from my mouth."

"Ohh.."

"Did you have already a film where you grew up in a good family where you thought that they're your real family which is really not?"

"Uh.. I haven't. Why did you asked such question?"

"I just want to know if what will you do. But if ever you have, what will you do if you're in that situation?"

"I don't know.. it depends on the director and the writers." he answered.

"But what if it's not just a movie? It happened to your real life?"

"Well, I still don't know what to do." He said and take a sip on his beverage. "Maybe I'll get angry, be mad, I'll go to other places that no one knows me.."

We both have that idea.

"Wait.. what's with you? What kind of questions are you throwing to me?"

And my tears started to fall like a river. He immediately hugged me.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" Agad niya akong dinaluhan habang nangungunot ang noo sa pagtataka.

Of course, magtataka siya kung bakit bigla-bigla nalang ako iiyak.

"I felt betrayed by my own family." Iyak ko sa kanya. "I never thought that they'll do this to me, Bray."

"Wait.." he pulled from our hug and looked me in the eyes. "Goodness. I didn't know!"

"Of course you will not know!"

Medyo natawa ako sa kanya at pinalo sa likod.

"So that is the reason why you're here?" I nod at his question. "How did you know? Just when?"

"I overheard dad and a man talking about me that's the day when I called you for help." Paghikbi ko.

"I'm really.. sorry."