83: Steal

83: Steal

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

All the people are busy and here’s this guy trying to lock me through hindering my way out from him.

“Talk to me, please.” He said with all his might. “You see, fate is moving just for us to meet again.”

“We met because I let it happen.” I retorted.

“Just give me another chance.”

“Chance? For what? To break my heart again and again? Geez! You have proven me already that you can drop me so easily and let me be in pain, alone.”

“That was years ago!”

“But that’s still here! I know it’s your dream but really? You can leave me hanging just like that?” and my tears stream down. “Umasa akong babalik ka pero ano? Hindi ka bumalik! Naghintay ako sayo araw-araw pero ni isang beses, you didn’t show up so I presumed that you have forgotten me after reaching the stars of your dream!”

“Erin,” he called when I marched away from him.

Hindi na ako lumingon pa sa kanya at naka-yuko na lamang akong naglakad pabalik sa reception.

Kasal ngayon ni Estelle, malapit kong kaibigan nung high school na kaibigan rin ni Caden, ang taong nanakit sa akin. Mga bigatin rin ang mga taong narito dahil isang sikat na businessman ang napangasawa ni Estelle at isa rin siyang instruktor sa isang prestihiyosong unibersidad.

“Erin! I was looking for you! Saan ka ba nag-punta?” salubong sa akin ni Glecie.

Hinablot ko ang kamay niya at nagmamadaling pumunta sa table namin dahil baka sumusunod lang sa amin si Caden. Nakita ko naman ang gulat sa kanyang mata nang may makita sa aking likuran at alam ko na kung sino iyon.

“Cut!” sigaw ni direk Garcia nang nakabalik na kami sa table.

Napa-buntong hininga naman ako at kaagad ng naupo para makapag-pahinga. Nahagip ng mata ko ang mga titig ni Reniel sa akin ngunit umirap lang ako sa kanya. And I know he felt an awkwardness while we were in that position na sobrang lapit namin sa isa’t isa na parang hindi ka na maka-hinga.

Nagkaroon pa ng ilang scenes and because me and Reniel are the lead cast ay kami ang maraming scenes. This movie we’re making is somehow relatable because I, myself, can relate.

This movie is all about a two music lover who met during their high school years. And because they have same passion, they became close friends until they fell in love. They both have dreams. Caden, which is the character that Reniel is conveying, dreamt of being discovered by some talent scouts. But he has a plan B and that’s to enter a music school together with Erin, the character I am portraying. Back then, Caden is one year ahead of Erin so he entered first to the music school. As Erin graduated her high school and got a letter from her dream university, that’s when Caden didn’t show up. She expected that he was just busy that he didn’t got to her graduation until such time that she’d know Caden got discovered and making his first album with his band. She’d understand all of it because it’s really his dream but what really hurt her was Caden had forgotten her. So she decided to move to America and study there and came back with all the opportunity. At first, she’s wanting to let Caden see what he had lost after forgetting her but it’s making difficult for her knowing she still have the love inside in her heart. And that’s the movie is still going on. Soon, we’ll be finishing this. We’re almost done and I can focus on my album and other projects.

“Hahh..” I breathed when we finally arrived at the hotel after the taping.

“You must be tired,” ani Brayden.