94: Time

94: Time

It was a false alarm. Really. I really thought that he's going to propose to me. Imagine his lines? Who would not thought that at the end of his speech would be a marriage proposal? Goodness! But thankfully that it was just a birthday message. He said he was just trying to sound romantic even just for a while. If ever he did propose a marriage? I don't know. I have no idea on how or what would be my answer. I love him and I want him to be my partner for the rest of my life but I'm not just ready to settle down. Maybe soon but not for now. Eventually, that time will come. Now is not just the time.

"So? What's your decision?" Dad ask.

He offered me a house as his gift for my birthday but a house is too much. I'm still an unmarried woman and I will own a house and lot? For me, to own such property is when you're going to settle down. But hey.. I'm not yet going to marry!

"Dad, isn't it too much?"

"Nothing is too much there, honey."

I mentally palmed my face. Alright! He's my dad! A wealthy man. A tycoon businessman and nothing is too much for him. Just wow!

"Maybe I'll go with a car."

"You know how to drive?"

"That's the problem. Papa doesn't want me to take driving lessons. He wants a driver for me."

"Well.. in that case.."

"But dad I really do wanna take driving lessons and own a car with me going to drive it. So please?"

He take a pause. Maybe a moment for thinking if he will grant it or what.

I have cars when I was still in Hollywood but they don't let me drive it. They also want me to have my own chauffeur. So the tendency, I put it on sale for my charity work and migrate here in the Philippines.

"A luxury car?" He added.

"It's up to you. You're the one whose going to buy the car." I stated.

"Well, then. Tell me what brand."

"I'll tell you maybe some other time when I found the car I like. Thanks daddy!" I kissed and hugged him.

The real reason why dad's offering me a house is for me to have my own. Not that I'm living in someone's house but practically speaking, it's not just someone's but it's my papa's so there's nothing to worry about. Besides mama talked to me already that if possible, I can stay how much longer I want.

"Hmm.. spoiling your baby, eh?" It's mom who just arrived.

I shudder at the word 'baby'. Remind you folks, I just turned 26.

"I will give everything I have for my children." Dad said.

"Well.. yeah." She responded to dad. "Oh by the way, did you like it?" Mom asked me.

I get it. She's referring to her gift for me. It's a jewelry set. And boy, you've gotta die just to get it. It's a limited edition of jewelry. And I saw Kendal Jenner and Taylor Swift own it.

"Yes, mom. Super. I really do." And I kissed and hugged her.

"Good to hear."

"Oh, gotta go. I'll be stuck in a traffic if I stay a little longer. Bye, guys!"

Nasa labas na si Megan at hinihintay na ako. Malapit nang mag-alas syete kaya dapat na akong magmadali.

Pagkarating sa NBC ay sinalubong kaagad ako ni Tita Gina. May uulitin daw na commercial ad kaya kinailangan ko ng umakyat sa studio para roon.