58: Real Father

58: Real Father

It's the usual days. Woke up in the morning, had a coffee, prepare for the work, went home with the tired look and all those stuffs. Whenever I'll have a break time from the show business, I'll go to gym and do the routines to maintain my body. But sometimes, I'll end up doing the exercises in my apartment when I don't want to go out. But most of the time, I really go to the gym because being alone in this apartment suffocates me to death.

I stopped in my pace going to the studio where I'll be the guest. Standing in front of me is my known mother. That kind of feeling comes back as the blink of an eye.

"Katriel, let's have a talk."

"I have told you that I don't want. Even to see you so please, just go and stop bothering me. And one more thing, please, don't make a scandal next time." I said and pass her by.

Okay. That was far beyond harshness. It's more rude. It's so mean. What can I do? I'm furious because the thing drove me to be like this flashes in the back of my mind.

The elevator door supposed to close but the CEO appears and ride in. That feeling again passes in me. Parang lumulukso ang dugo ko. Hindi ko alam kong bakit.

"I saw the little drama. Was it your mother?"

"She's not my mom." What I can only answer.

"I see."

Bumibisita na naman yung pakiramdam na parang nakita ko na siya noon.

"From the very start when I see you, I've known that you have the potential. So keep it up." He said and shows a smile.

A tycoon businessman always plaster a serious look. They only smiles when the camera look at them. So how could he smile that genuine in just a celebrity? Usually, big bosses are screaming authority from their look to their aura. And this man, it feels like he built down all those walls around him so I could not feel that he is superior.

"I would like to invite you in my office. I'll tell you when through your manager." He said.

Napalingon ako nito. Seryoso? Dalawa lang ibig sabihin nun. Una, may mali kang nagawa or pangalawa, may bagong project na ibibigay sa'yo. Alin kaya sa dalawang iyon ang dahilan kung bakit niya ako papapuntahin sa office niya. Shemay! Naka-kaba. Ngayon alam ko na kung ano ang mga nararamdaman ng mga artistang pinapatawag ng mga big boss. Shit! Ganito pala.

"It's your floor. Don't be afraid." he said as he gesture the open door of the elevator.

Agad naman akong napabalik sa ulirat at nag-bow sa kanya bago lumabas. Pinagpapawisan na pala ako.

Hinanap ko kaagad ang pangalan ko na naka-dikit sa mga puting pintuan. Ng mahanap ko ay laking gulat ko ng makita si Brayden sa loob. Tinignan ko ang pintuan at sa ilalim ng pangalan ko ay ang pangalan niya. What the heck!

Noong isang araw lang nang umamin siya at awkward pa din hanggang ngayon. I tried to reach out pero walang lumalabas na boses hanggang sa panghinaan na ako ng loob.

Nang maiwan kami sa loob ng kami nalang ay nagsimula siyang mag-salita. I make myself busy with my phone but my ears are all on him.

"Kaitee, I'm not used to this."

Even I.

"Kaitee, if we'll be like this. Let's forget what happened that night. I'm really sorry. I don't want to lose you."

Napatingin ako sa kanya sa pamamagitan ng salamin. He is on the couch while I'm in front of the mirror.

"Brayden.. I also hate this set up. But if we continue this, the feeling you have will grow."