61: Dream

61: Dream

The stars are now visible in the sky. At pauwi palang kami ni Aunt Vicky. Hindi na namin nasundo si Tofer. We forgot the time to fetch my lil bro. Sana lang ay naka-uwi na iyon ng safe. Nasa 8th grade pa nga lang yun eh. Pero alam kong kaya na niya iyon.

"Goodness! I'm worrying about you two!" agad na litanya ni daddy kahit nasa doorstep palang kami ni Aunt Vicky. "I've been calling you but you didn't pick up your phone and also you Katriel."

"We're sorry, Gav. We didn't noticed the time and our phone." si Aunt Vicky na ang nag-explain.

"That you forgot to fetch Tofer?" kalmado na ang boses ni daddy.

"Mommy! Kaitee!" Tofer screamed our name as he ran down the stairs. "Dad, don't upbraid them. I am a big boy now. I can handle myself. I even enjoyed the trip going home alone. I feel like I am already you." Tofer said in a manner like a kiddo.

Dad seems he'll let this slip. 1, 2, 3,

"Fine. So where did you go–oh?" dad trailed off as he saw the paper bags we've been carrying for minutes now.

He helped us carry them.

"We had a mother-daughter time, dad." I answered him.

I feel like I should be the one to answer him because if I didn't, it will look like Aunt Vicky recieves all the responsibility of being irresponsible to my little brother. It should be the two of us since we are both gone the whole day long.

I saw in my peripheral vision that Aunt Vicky looked at me when I said it. Maybe she was waiting the whole time I'm here that I will finally proclaim that she's my mom and I am her daughter.

We left some of the paper bags on the sofa since it's just some dresses, shoes and accesories. We directly headed to the kitchen. Tofer and I sitted on our usual seat as we supported our chin, looking at our lovely parents helping each other with the groceries we bought.

"Hey.. can you stay little?" I favored Tofer.

"Kaitee? Human grows big so how can I stay little? Besides I want to grow bigger like you." he retorted.

"Tadda!"

We all turned our heads at the person who surprised us. Muntikan na nga ako mahulog sa upuan ko dahil kay Lex.

"Lex!" Tofer welcomed our cousin.

"Hey kiddo. What brought you here?" tanong ni Aunt Vicky.

"I just dropped this and I'll dine also with you guys. I heard that Kaitee is here so I came." he said and he handed the boxed apple pie cake over to Aunt Vicky.

Tumango naman si Aunt Vicky at si Daddy sa sagot ni Lex. Inagawan naman niya yung kapatid ko ng upuan para maka-tabi ako at nginuso nalang niya sa kapatid ko yung katapat na silya. Inihahanda na ni Aunt Vicky at ni Daddy ang dinner kaya upo nalang kaming tatlong mga bata sa bahay na 'to.

"Did you went to the salon and have a makeover?" Lex queried.

"Yep."

"Oh! That's why your nails are new polished! And you have that ombre in your hair." ani Tofer sa mga bagong kapansin-pansin sa akin ngayon.

"Aha! Even mom had nail polished."

Napatingin sa akin si Aunt Vicky at Daddy. Okay, I should call her 'mom' by now since she's now the new wife of my real biological father. She's been a good mother to me also. Though I'm not used to this but I'll try.
The dinner is over. Lex went back to his apartment because he has something to do according to him. Tofer is now in his room, might be playing his Xbox. And I don't know where my lovely parents are. Nauna naman kasi kami ni Tofer na umakyat.