Chapter 2: Exes and Marijuana

The picture above is what Gina looks like.
Vote, share, allat😊👍🏾
________________________________

Ryan POV

Gina lit the blunt and passed it over to me. I took a deep puff and let out a hard cough. Gina's high ass laughed at me.

"Bitch that's not funny. This shit strong as a motherfucker." I laughed and tried taking a puff again.

Gina snatched the blunt from me. "Hell yeah. Alonzo my new weed man."

I looked at her funny. "How you gone make your boyfriend your weed man?"

"Cause hoe, it's free for me." she puffed the blunt.

I laughed. "I can't believe we really about to graduate."

"I know right," Gina passed me the blunt. "I'm about to head to med school and yo dumbass still don't know where you going."

I punched her in the shoulder before I took my puff. "Bitch, I'm gone figure it out."

"Yeah. You gone be straight."

"Fasho" I took my last puff before heading back inside our apartment.

I headed to my room and laid down on my bed to take a nap. A few hours passed and I woke up to a notification on my phone. It was one of those billions of emails that Spelman sends out everyday. I was gonna just ignore it before i read the subject line.

"MUSIC MAJORS: OPPORTUNITY TO RECORD SONG WITH SURPRISE ARTIST"

I grabbed my laptop and pulled the whole email up so I could see the entire application.

"Application must include:
one page essay on why you should be chosen
a letter of recommendation
a headshot
a sample of your music ability (singing, rapping, piano or other instrument sample)

Surprise artist will be announced two days before the winner is picked. Turn in applications by Friday, March 18th."

This was it! This was my opportunity to get that break I've been waiting for. I had a week to turn in this application and I needed to make it perfect.  No matter who the artist was, this was big.

I finished my essay in like 2 hours, but I still wanted Gina to look at it cause she's good at proofreading papers.

All of a sudden, I hear a knock on my door. Gina walks in with this tight ass, short ass, sexy ass, back out dress.

"How do I look?" she asked while slipping on her Louboutins.

"Sexy. Where you headed?" I asked.

"Alonzo is taking me out to dinner tonight." she said.

"Ohh shit," I laugh. "Y'all better be careful."

"We will." she says looking in the mirror at her ass. "Can you do my makeup?"

"Yeah," I turn off my laptop and pull out my makeup pallets so I can start on her. 

"So look," I start filling in her eyebrows. "Can you proofread my paper for this opportunity I'm trying to get?" I ask her.