sinners | yamaguchi tadashi | fluff songfic

"our lives are stories waiting to be told."

he was talented, certainly. but no one noticed. he went through a lot, definitely. but no one noticed. his achievements were left behind in the shadows. but you noticed.

"in search of silver linings, we discovered gold."

  mostly, all you wanted was to find a friend to care for you. you were always alone because you were shy and reserved. but finding tadashi changed everything. he was determined, caring and sweet. he was more than you asked for.

"and judgement taught us that our hearts were wrong."

  people told you he was the weakest player. people said that karasuno was better off with him off the team. but you thought differently. he wasn't weak. even if he was the weakest he definitely wasn't mentally. he was strong, brave and ambitious. he taught you so many things that you couldn't have learnt by yourself.

"but they're the ones we'll look down upon."

  the people who put him down would regret it. he wasn't as good as the other players, definitely. like how kageyama stood out among all setters with his amazing talent and excellent calculation, like how hinata stood out among middle blockers with his ability to jump so high, like how nishinoya was such an amazing libero. tadashi was definitely not better than them. but he still had talent. he just couldn't find out where to use it.

"the rules say our emotions don't comply but we'll defy the rules until we die."

  his heart was a beautiful thing as well. he'd always care for you so much. everyone judged people by how the looked or how much talent they openly displayed. it was a different story for tadashi. his greatness was hidden deep down.

"so let's be sinners to be saints."

  "tadashi!" you held his hand tightly. he looked at you and flashed his ever so small smile. he hadn't smiled widely in a long time. people thought that you being with him was a bad influence because they said he was weak. and "people" referred to your family who said that hanging around with him would make you weak too. you didn't know what kind of logic that was so you decided it was only right to be wrong.

"and let's be winners by mistake."

  "do your parents still hate me?" he asked. he always was trying to improve, just to win over your parents. it was very sweet of him and you appreciated it a lot. watching him look down again, you moved closer to him and squeezed his hand.

  "who cares? i love you." you smiled at him and he nervously looked down and blushed when you planted a kiss on his cheek.

"the world may disapprove but my world is only you."

  "that's all that matters?" he puts his hand around your shoulder shyly.

  "that's all that matters." you smiled and leaned on him as you walked.

"and if we're sinners then it feels like heaven to me."

  your family disapproved, your friends laughed because their boyfriends were more talented, but honestly, you didn't care. your boyfriend might have been the one who let down karasuno during the nationals, but he still loved you. and that was all that mattered. everyone else aside, it was pure bliss for you.

"you showed me feelings i've never felt before."

  he could make you go from crying to laughing in a second, he could magically make you feel like kissing him with a smile. his silence spoke louder than words, his silence was louder than anyone else's.