puzzle box | kōshi sugawara | fluff songfic

A/N:
swipe for the damn song obviously. *edit* i changed the song :) it's force of nature now. omf that high note tho. legend. *edit* I CHANGED IT AGAIN SORRY OMF AHHH SO SORRY.
~slytherinseeker

---

"Okay, stop fighting Hinata and Kageyama!" Came a gentle voice from behind you as you tried to break up the fight between the two fighting boys. You looked in the direction of the noise. Suga.

"He started it! He was the one that kicked me first!" Hinata yelled. Suga smiled.

  "Okay, now are both of you okay?" He asked. They nodded.

  "Don't get hurt just fighting with each other!" He added. You smiled to yourself. Yep, the Karasuno Volleyball Team were sure lucky to have such a protective mom. Lucky for you this mom was your boyfriend.

  "Sorry, Suga-san." Hinata said sheepishly. Suga grinned.

  "It's okay, Hinata." He ruffled Hinata's hair. You giggled to yourself.

  "What is so funny, (Last name)-chan?" He asked, turning around and shooting you a small smile.

  "You're so nice, Suga... What's with calling me by my last name?" You giggled.

  "Hinata, Kageyama, don't fight okay? Now go along." He shooed them away and you laughed.

  "Kōshi! Make sure they don't kill each other okay?" You giggled, wrapping your arms around one of his arms.

  "They won't. I'll stop them before they can." He smiled. You laughed.

  "Right. Now explain to me, Kōshi, why did you call me by my last name?" You asked. He scratched his head.

  "Old times' sake?" He chuckled. You pecked his cheek.

  "What do you mean?" You asked. He laughed.

"It's your birthday! Did you forget?" He pinched you cheek gently. Right, you did forget. He handed you a small wooden box that was elegantly crafted and designed. You traced the designs that were carved into the box with your fingers delicately.

"I tried learning how to make this a couple of months ago. Well, I did it but it isn't as nice as I wanted it to be." He sighed.

"Are you kidding? It's amazing!" You hugged him, clutching the box in one hand tightly.

"What's inside?" You asked. He chuckled.

"You can't open it without my help." He said. Oh, great. He made a puzzle box for you.

"Let's start then."

---

"Now do you remember where we met?" He asked. You nodded. It was under the small tree near the gym. And you remembered it like it was yesterday.

---

*Flashback*

"I'm so sorry!" A gentle voice exclaimed as you dropped all your books on the floor.

"It's okay," you said, not caring enough to see who knocked you over by accident. Before you knew it in your sight were a pair of hands helping you to pick up your books. You looked up to see a pair of beautiful hazel brown eyes.

"What's your name?" The hazel brown-eyed boy asked. He seemed to be another first year.

"Uh- (Last name) (First name)." You replied. He gave you back your books as the both of you stood up.