needing each other | kenma kozume | angst//fluff >> part two

A/N:
song is up there as usual. swipe <<
~slytherinseeker

---

Kenma was back in Nekoma, his parents were overjoyed, the school was relieved but you were heartbroken. Heartbroken that he had found someone else to love from another school. You sat on a bench in the park, face buried in your knees, hiding the tears.

"(First name)? Why are you crying?" Came the sound of Kenma's voice. You refused to look up. Until his hand went around your shoulders. You stared into his golden eyes. Perplexing.

"I- nothing." You sighed. Then you saw her. Her. You bit your lip. Hard.

  "Oh, right. (First name), this is (Girlfriend's last name) (Girlfriend's first name). (Girlfriend's first name), this is (Last name) (First name)." Kenma said. You glared at her for a split second.

  "Hi." Was all you said before getting up and walking away.

---

*Flashback*

  "Don't do it." Kenma said. You looked at him. You wanted to cut yourself. With a knife.

"Don't." His voice was enough for you to have a mental breakdown. You dropped the knife and fell to your knees, crying. He ran over and sat down next to you, allowing you to cry on his shoulder. Both of you were suicidal, many times. And you depended on each other for support.

"Shh... Don't cry... I'm here..." He stroked your hair.

"Don't leave." You sobbed. He smiled. Then he kissed your forehead.

"I promise I won't. I promise I won't let go. I promise love no other girl but you." He said. Your sobbing didn't stop. But you hugged him tighter. And you felt safe.

*End of flashback*

---

He broke his promise. He found another girl. Everything you had was gone. All those feelings, gone. You watched Kenma talk to the dark haired beauty with a smile on his face. It was hard enough to get him to smile and this girl was doing it effortlessly. You watched them from behind a tree. Their lips met. Your heart ached.

"I love you." She said.

"Don't say that like I don't love you." He laughed. You were jealous. But you didn't want to interfere in Kenma's life anymore. You wanted him to be happy. That was it. He changed. Inside. Tremendously.

"Don't think. Don't think." You said to yourself. The tears were there again, haunting you. Memories of him promising you that he'd love no one like he loved you flashed through your head rapidly. You clenched your fists as tight as you could. You didn't want to cry because you knew once you started you wouldn't be able to stop. You didn't look back at them because if you looked back you'd feel worse and would be more prone to crying. You heard their conversation clearly. The words that came out of their mouths broke you inside.

  "Do you love me Kenma? As much as (Last name)?"

  "Even more than that. Not that I didn't love her. Just that she was not much like you." Kenma answered, definitely more confident than usual.

  "I thought you were shy at first. Now I see who you can really be around someone you love." (Girlfriend's last name) laughed. That laugh was irritating. You gritted your teeth hard. You didn't want to start crying. You were already trying so hard and it hurt so badly. Then suddenly...

  "Honestly there wasn't much between (First name) and me. Whatever between us didn't have much meaning to me. It didn't matter much." His words stabbed like a knife and her giggle irritated you. That was enough to start the tears. You feared so hard they'd hear you sobbing. You tried to stop crying but just as you thought, you couldn't. The most that you could do was try hard to sob as quietly as possible. You heard exchanged compliments, pecks on each other's cheeks and kisses. You wished you could be with Kenma again. Just that you knew it was hopeless.