lost and found harmony | kenma kozume | fluff//angst songfic

"kuro, go away. you're not helping."

  "kenma you can't just-"

  "just leave!"

  kenma felt bad definitely, shutting everyone out, but he couldn't really control himself for he was going through the worst he had ever gone through.

---

"with my old guitar i'll take all the confessions i couldn't say."

  his fingers delicately plucked the six strings, each string having its turn to be plucked. the harmony was forming, but where was the melody? you usually sang for him since he was too shy to sing. he had a sweet and hushed voice when he was singing, yet he never showed it to many.

"all the things i swallowed inside."

his lips parted. as he tried to form the melody, his voice cracked as he let out a sob. the tears fell on his guitar as he clutched the neck and fretboard tightly in his two hands.

"and tell you right now as if i've made it into a song."

his hair fell over his mysterious golden eyes and covered them. his lips parted only to let out small sobs. he had constantly tried to sing the sweet and gentle melody of the song he had written for you before you left him but he was too shy to sing it to you. he had plucked up the courage but you had decided to leave him for reasons you couldn't explain.

"just listen, i'll sing for you."

  he took deep breaths and tried to stop crying. it was difficult, but he pulled through. he once again started creating the beautiful harmony. once it was formed, the melody escaped his lips. he sang quietly, yet beautifully. he underestimated himself too much. he thought of his voice as terrible and he thought of his song as crappy. the song was beautiful. he imagined you were there, creating the vocal harmony. he regretted everything he had not done before you left. he wished he had comforted you at your lowest point, he wished he had sung for you when you would listen, he wished he had kissed you when you needed his lips on yours, he wished he had been better. yet as the words escaped his mouth slowly, nothing changed.

"i love you so much but i don't tell you that i love you."

  he put down his guitar as his phone started ringing.

  "hello?" he said, sniffing.

  "hey, kenma."

  his eyes widened as he recognised your voice.

  "(f/n), is that you?"

  "yeah, i just wanted to wish you happy birthday." you sighed before saying goodbye.

  "please don't go yet. can you come over to my house? if not i'll come over to your place." he said, clenching his fist.

  "i'll come over. it's your birthday anyway." you sighed. he was determined to tell you how much he loved you. he missed your voice, he missed your face, he missed your eyes, he missed your lips, he missed everything about you.

"it's awkward, my pride won't allow me."

  the poor boy laid his head on his pillow, using it as a tissue for his tears that were shed for you. he was scared to do what he was about to do. he felt stupid, he felt useless, he felt cowardly. he hated himself for everything he was. he wanted to be the man that you would love. he wanted to be someone more than what he was.