u choke pretty: ryuunosuke tanaka

i dont care how bad u are at chem just pretend you're good at it for that 1 paragraph anyway tanaka world domination

moving this up so everyone is forced to read it

  "i think you're pretty with your hair all messy."

  "i think you're shitting me," you reply, sprinkling in a hint of self-deprecating laughter as you swiftly turn to lean against the lockers behind you and bring your sandwich up to your lips.

  "well that's a whole new argument altogether, but i can guarantee that i most definitely am not shitting you, my dearest (y/n)," tanaka chuckles deeply, leaning against the lockers directly next to you.

  you scoff to yourself, before continuing to devour the sandwich residing in your hands with such unrefined grace it frankly sent an anxious chill up your spine as you turned to glance at the man next to you, his jacket sleeves folded up and his arms folded in. tanaka wasn't a graceful man, but you'd have liked him to think you were at least civil.

  you stop for a moment and wipe the residue off your lips. he looks down and smirks at you.

  "eat slowly, i know i make you nervous, but there's no need to risk yourself choking because of it."

  a laugh envelops in your throat, before you actually choke on the food you unfortunately shoved down your throat.

  "and there it is. genius, aren't you?" he laughs, patting your back firmly a few times to help your oesophagus with peristalsis, as if that was a viable method. your physics wasn't the best, but it was good enough to know hitting one's back had no allowance to dictate which way you were pushing the food contents.

  he rests his arm around your shoulder as your trachea starts to clear, "i think you choke pretty."

  you pushed him away slightly and playfully, laughing while mulling over the suggestive comment before commenting through coughs, "gross."

  he clicks his tongue, "but you're into it."

  you roll your eyes, although the ends of your lips tense up in a measly attempt to resist a grin catalysed by his irresistible charisma.

  he chuckles slightly, realising this.

  "cute, but anyway, how was your chemistry test?" he asks, his head slowly leaning more and more towards you but not touching you.

  "it was okay," you reply, "i don't think i'm going to do well, but i don't think i'm going to fail either."

  he laughs, "bullshit, you always do well. if anyone's failing, it's me."

  without a reason to argue, you briefly burst out in a soft laughter.

  "i hate to, but i agree."

  he grins and slaps your shoulder playfully, "okay, it's been a while since i've told a self-deprecating joke, but your reactions to them are just impeccable."

  your mouth forces itself into a grin, before you push yourself off the lockers and grab hold of his hand, pulling him along. his hand squeezes yours back and you can't help but laugh to yourself.

  "where do you want to go?" you ask him while you aimlessly drag him down the corridor.

  "mmm... i have training in half an hour. want to hang around the rooftop?"

  "certainly," you reply, a grin plastered from your eye-to-eye, before you accelerate, pulling ryuunosuke tanaka along.

  as the both of you sprint up the stairs to the rooftop, you begin to realise what a horrible idea it was. lactic acid drowning your muscles, and your lungs seemingly devoid of air, you stopped briefly at the top of the flight of stairs to breathe, your body crouched over.

  tanaka turns around, panting but still grinning at your dire state. being a wing spiker, his stamina wasn't half as bad as yours.

  "hurry up, pretty girl, before someone occupies the shady spot," he laughs, grabbing a tight hold on your arm and pulling you along before you'd caught your breath.

breath stuck in your throat, you trip and fall into the shady grass patch in front of you. pain meticulously masked by the beat of your heart as the man in front flips you over and crouches above you with an effortless flick of his hand.

  tanaka wasn't a graceful man, but you'd be damned to say his movements didn't make him seem like such at times.

  he takes a quick look at you before looking up and straight ahead of him, biting his lower lip and smiling brightly.

  "you're legitimately the prettiest girl i've ever seen."

  "you legitimately have the weirdest taste i've ever heard of."

  "so mean, prettiest girl i've ever seen."

  you grin from eye to eye.

  "i'm not the prettiest, but i'm for sure the luckiest. besides, you're mine."