Chapter Twenty Five

Louis POV

12 hours.

That's how long we were in the hospital.

And we're still there.

According to the doctors, she had a second degree burn and the previous scars from her abused pass had reopened and immediately got infected making the job even more difficult. She was also hit in the head with a chair which impacted her eye really bad. Fortunately not bad enough to make her blind.

The police were asking all of us questions separately. Niall and Liam's were finished. Harry was currently in the room. It was taking pretty long but probably because Harry met Eleanor when she was leaving Doncaster.

I looked down at the scars on my wrist. There were only three or four on each wrist. I started cutting myself when I found out I loved Eleanor and she was gone because of me. I stopped sulking when I realized that crying wasn't going to help. I decided I should change and that's when I decided to go to X Factor. I was hoping that I might accidentally run into Eleanor somehow if I became famous.

I sighed for the umpteenth time in the room. Her heartbeat was steady but she wasn't waking up. It was like she was in a coma.

Why didn't she say something about her family. Why did she keep it in her and let her parents abuse her? Although I was no better. Hitting her was the only way I was able to express my feelings to her. But I doubt she got that across her head...

"Louis. I'm going for the interview now. You're after me." Zayn said. I simply nodded and I heard the door shut.

***

Zayn's POV

Why didn't she tell me? Why did she lie? Did she not trust me?

I didn't understand. All of this time I tried to protect her but how am I supposed to do that when she won't tell me the truth about her past.

Did she tell Louis? If it weren't for Louis then she would've probably been dead. But how did he figure out she was getting abused... No destroyed by her mom and sister?

My phone started ringing and I answered since it was my mum.

"Zayn? Zayn can you hear me babe? What happened? Why were there police in Doncaster where you are?"

"Mum I'm fine... But El..."

"Oh dear what happened to her?"

"Mum. Before she came to Bradford she lived in Doncaster for 17 years... For 17 years she was abused by her parents."

"Oh my goodness. What? Why didn't she tell anyone?"

"I don't know mum. The police are asking us questions. She's fine but she isn't waking up. It's like she's in a coma."

"Don't worry Zayn. She'll wake up. Are you still coming next week?"

Shit I don't even know anymore.

"I don't know mum. She really missed you guys and it would be wrong to go without her. Maybe we'll go to Harry's place first and then we'll come there."

"Zayn you know were going on our family trip. We're only here next week."

"Ugh I don't know. I'll come mum don't worry."

"Ok babe. Tell Ellie I said hi yeah?"

"Yeah mum ok."

"Love you sunshine."

I smiled. "I love you too mum."

I hung up and walked into the enclosed area where we were being interviewed.