Chapter Seven

I was backstage at the fucking Ellen Show. I came to America and the first thing Simon told me was "You're going to perform on Ellen!"

I locked myself in my hotel room after that.

I was pacing up and down making sure I didn't forget the lyrics to Halo by Beyoncé. My hair and make up was done by a hairdresser named Lou. She had a daughter names Lux who was hands down the most adorable baby ever. I tried not to grimace at the amount of make up I had on. I didn't even recognize myself. I was so deep in thought I didn't even realize I bumped into someone.

"Oh um Sorry..." I looked up to see the brown eyes and Raven hair I saw oh so many years ago.

"ZAYN!"

"EL! Oh my gosh it's so good to see you!" He brought me into a hug that crushed every single bone in my body but I didn't care. After being so alone for four years without my two best friends I could care less if Zayn suggested we should jump off a cliff.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh I'm performing..."

"Wait... You're Melody? Of course I should've know you always loved that name and you can sing!"

"How did you know?"

"Simon told us. We're signed with the record too."

"Oh wait oh! One Direction the band you're in right."

"Yeah!"

"And suddenly I want to go hide in a hole." I said.

"What why?"

"Because I'm going to perform... And you're going to be there and it'll be really awkward."

"Why?"

"Zayn we haven't seen each other for 4 years... And I um just started getting used to letting you go when One Direction just pops up everywhere I go..."

"Oh.."

"Don't get me wrong I'm not mad." Total lie.

"It's just... I don't know weird?"

"Well now we can see each other more often right?"

"I-i don't know."

"Hey Zayn Lou is cal-- HEY YOU'RE ELEANOR! THE GIRL FROM THE TRAIN STATION!" Harry exclaimed.

"Hey you're Harry! Wow I thought I would never see you again! We didn't even get a chance to exchange numbers!"

"You guys know each other?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah when I was moving to Bradford I met him at the train station. Ironic considering the fact that he told me to join XFactor and he joined instead."

"So what are you doing here?" Harry asked.

"I'm Melody."

"Woah! That's well cool!" I laughed until some official looking guy with a clipboard came up to me.

"Miss. Melody, 30 seconds to air."

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Soon enough I heard Ellen's voice booming through the speakers.

"Now today we have a very special guest. She was recently discovered through YouTube by the one and only Simon Cowell. I know I know you were expecting One Direction but I decided to let them join along with this young lady. She's 22 and attends Oxford University everybody give it up for MELODY!"

"Go El!" Zayn told me.

"No I can-" I didn't get to finish since Zayn pushed me onto the stage. I saw many flashing lights and heard many cheers. I took some advice from Madagascar's penguins and Smile and Waved. Then I went to sit with Ellen.

"Hello Melody!"

"Hi!"

"So how are you?"

"Nervous."

"Why?"

"Um because I literally just got off my flight from London when Simon told me I was going to sing here today." The audience laughed.

"Well that's very Simon Cowell like now tell me how is America?"

"Well it's a lot warmer than London. But I didn't see much here yet except the flower print on my hotel walls." The audience laughed again. Seriously did they laugh at everything?

"Well I'm pretty sure you have heard about One Direction." I nodded.

"Well everybody give it up for Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson!"

My heart stopped.

She did not say Louis Tomlinson. No she said Gooey carton or something not Louis. I turned my head and saw the boys walk onto the stage. They smiled and waved at the audience. Then I saw him.