Chapter Twenty Four

2 hours later of fake smiles and wiping away the threatening tears they finally left.

I wasn't sure if I was sad or sad.

I think I'm both but that's just me.

As soon as the door slammed I heard my mother's heels clicking furiously against the marble tile. Poor tiles.

"ELEANOR!" She screamed.

When I entered the room she was standing there with it. (My sister. Though I thought that was an insult to the title sister so I just called her it.)

"This is your sister. Ella."

"Ella?"

"Yes bitch. Like Cinderella." It said.

"Too bad you got the story of the evil stepsister. Cinderella." I scoffed. I wasn't sure where this confidence was coming from. It was probably the fact I was enough of all the teasing and I didn't want to put up with my mother and it. But at the same time I was still scared of my mother probably even more scared. I didn't even know what happened to my father. Not that I really cared about him.

"You take that back!"

"I would but it's not aloud." Smiling as I remembered Liam's snarky comment to me after my first concert.

"Now Eleanor. She is your sister and I expect you to treat her like how I treated you."

"Like how you treated me?"

"Yes. I mean look at you. You're a big a star now. It obviously because of the way your father and I taught you."

"Speaking of my father where is he?"

"He's dead. Brain Cancer a few years ago." She said it such a monotone voice I didn't believe her. But I didn't ask further.

"Now I expect you to clean after your sister and don't forget the duties that you had before you left our hospitality." She walked away with it who didn't miss the opportunity to shove me into the wall.

I groaned and went over to the kitchen and started making food. I decided to make pasta and breadsticks.

As I cooked I felt some tears escape but I couldn't tell if they were because of the heat or because of my feelings for everything. Ever after five years the physical pain was numb but mentally I was a mess. All I ever wanted was to be loved. If my own parents didn't love me who will?

I felt like I was in Senior year again. Zayn and Ris were gone chasing their dreams. I was so depressed. The two best friends I adored and loved were gone and I was all alone again. Of course I watched some of Zayn's performances but is didn't really look at the screen. I was too angry. I couldn't look at his face. I was angry he left. Angry he was living such a good life. Angry he had a family that loves him. Angry about my past. Just angry.

I sighed in content. Maybe I should just quit my career. It was fun but now my mother is back into my life. She can threaten me or worse threaten the boys and I don't want to be the reason that Zayn, Louis and the boys had to give up their dream. I belong here. A slave. I belonged in a classroom with Ricky. Learning to be a pharmacist and help people.

I added the sauce to the pot and mixed it with the spaghetti. My mood dampening like the spaghetti.

***

Louis' POV

Something was off about Eleanor's Family. I mean everything literally seemed forced. At first I thought it was just nerves I mean they haven't seen each other for 5 years. But I thought that awkward tension would pass when they cracked a few jokes or recalled memories. But nothing. Eleanor looked scared to be in that house and I couldn't wonder why.