Chapter Eighteen

"Shit." Leah says breaking the silence first.

Shit was an understatement. What was Louis doing here. With her? Suddenly I felt like I was in High School again. With the depressing white walls and fake happy slogans all around the school. And the kids constantly laughing, pushing me around, and calling me names. I look up and see a throne and on that throne is Louis and Leah. The king and queen of bullying. Leah was the nicest out of their whole gang but not nice enough to pity me. In some cases she was worse than Louis. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around. Surprisingly it was Zayn. What was he doing at my high school? In Doncaster?

"Are you ok?" He asked. The background was fading into a blue sky and green grass surrounding me. I looked around and saw myself in a bikini, Niall, Liam, Zayn, and Harry were giving me worried glances. I suddenly felt insecure and tried to cover myself with my scarred hands. I gave one last glance at Leah and Louis and ran past them inside. I quickly threw on my Tshirt and jeans not caring that I was soaking wet from the pool.

"Hey hey! Where are you going?" I froze. I knew that phrase too many times. She always said that to me when I was quickly going to class. It was followed by a punch in the stomach or the throat.

"Look I know you hate me. And I know I fucked up. But I am sorry. Louis is too. We feel--"

"Don't. Don't give me your pity party now. Don't bring Louis into this. Because he isn't sorry for everything. Just last week he almost killed me. He got mad and guess who he decided to take that out on. If you were sorry you wouldn't have bullied me in the first place. Instead you just watched and sometimes you hurt me. It took me moving to fucking Bradford for you two to realize you guys were wrong. So I don't want your pity now. I don't want it now. I don't want it ever." She stood there in shock and I couldn't blame her. I was shocked I actually talked. I grabbed my bag and left.

***

Leah's POV

I didn't know what disappointment was until she left the flat. I saw the scars all over her stomach. It was disgusting and the fact that I caused some of those made me sick. Why did Louis bring me here if she was here? Why was she here in the first place anyways.

"Leah! Where is she?" It was Louis.

"She left. Don't go after her. She's very angry. All of that anger and pain she's kept bottled up. She let it out. Where are the boys?"

"They're still outside. They're coming in."

"Did you tell them?"

"No. They don't know anything about my past."

"So you almost killed her?" I raised my eyebrows at Louis. He nodded shamefully and I sighed.

"Louis. I know you changed. You changed because you realized you loved her and you didn't realize what you had done until she was gone. So why now? Why did you mess up like that?"

"I was jealous. She was on a date and I got jealous."

"Why don't you explain your shit to her?"

"Don't you think I've tried? And maybe she does want to forgive me but every time she lifts her fucking shirt she gets reminded that I scarred her. I made her life hell. I made her leave Doncaster. And all I did was laugh in her face. All I did was hurt her more. All I did was almost kill her."

We heard the back door slam and the chatter of the four boys filled the room.

"Hey where's El?" Zayn asked.

"Um she left. She told me Ricky called." Louis lied. I shook my head in my mind. The only way this boy was going to gain anything is by telling the truth. One day there boys were going to find out about everything and when it does happen their relationship as best friends and a band will burn to ashes. Just like the Great Fire in London centuries ago.