Twenty One

Frazqueres: nothing to see here, just four heterosexuals doing straight people things. Boy, do I love football.
Sylvester: you're 50% correct at least.
Emerald: haha 25% actually
Diamond: make that 0%

Gilbert didn't see Matthew for an entire week. When he did, it was Saturday and Matthew looked like shit.
"Matthew! Come on in. I have your phone."
"Oh yeah...that..." Matthew shuffled from foot to foot nervously. "I forgot."
"So you came for something other than your phone?"
"You said we were going somewhere Saturday. It's Saturday."
"You still want to go with me?!"
"I don't have any other plans." Matthew paused. "You didn't have to book anything did you?"
"No. I just told everybody I wasn't coming. They'll be surprised is all." Gilbert shrugged. "Come on in. I'll get you something to wear."
"Thanks. I didn't think this would be good enough." Matthew was wearing a wrinkled pair of jeans and a hoodie, neither of which would cover the dress code for this kind of party. He stepped into the house, closing the door behind him and following Gilbert to the special room.
"So, about the other night."
"I don't want to talk aboot it, Gil. Not today. Not after this. Not ever. As far as I'm concerned, we did our thing and then I went home like usual."
Gilbert sighed. "Alright. Fine. But why are you only coming back now?"
"I was sick."
"Oh no! With what?!"
"The flu. Stop acting concerned like I was gonna die or something."
"I was just worried, Matthew."
"Don't be."
"Okay. Fine. It's alright." Gilbert dug something out of the wardrobe and placed it in Matthew's arms. "Go to the bathroom and put this on. Call of you need help, okay?"
"Okay."
Matthew walked off and Gilbert took this time to change into his own outfit. He threw a trench coat over it and carried a second one out of the room. When he came out of the room, Matthew was waiting for him, dressed in the getup Gilbert had picked out for him.
"You look great." Gilbert said, admiring the bsdm gear Matthew wore.
"I bet." Matthew shrugged.
Gilbert handed the extra coat over.
"So you don't get cold."
"Thanks." Matthew shrugged it on. "Where are we going anyway?"
"A special kind of club."
"A sex club."
"Yeah."
"Don't let anybody else touch me, okay."
"You won't have to worry about that." He carefully clipped the collar around the blond's neck, making sure it wasn't too tight. "Nobody would dare touch my property~."
"We're not in the room, Gil." Matthew rolled his eyes.
"So? We're in some pretty racy outfits here."
"Gil..." Matthew lowered his gaze.
"I'm sorry. I won't."
"Thank you."
"Now let's get going. We have a long walk."
"Can't we just drive?"
"If we get in an accident and die, do you really want us to be wearing this?"
"No. But..."
"Also the parking downtown is shitty and the environment and stuff."
"Fine. Let's go." Matthew sighed.
The two made their way out of the house, walking along the sidewalk at an awkward distance.
"So...how have you been?"
"Sick."
"Oh no! How sick?"
"I was throwing up and could barely move." Matthew stuck his hands in the trench coat pockets.
"When did you get better?"
"Yesterday."
"And you thought it was a good idea to come here?!"
"It's my own choice."
"Matthew, I..."
"Don't get protective of me. You know how I feel."
Ouch. That was a stab to the gut.
"Ja. About that. Why the hell did you just leave the last time?!"
"It's none of your business, Gil. And I said I don't want to talk aboot this."
"You just stormed out after I told you that I love you and then you didn't even try to contact me for days! I was worried. I thought you would have hurt yourself or ended up in the hospital or something!" Gilbert felt tears building in his eyes. He was so mad and so concerned and so damn in love. Where did all this come from?
He never got this emotional.
Matthew only responded with a defiant huff. Gilbert wanted to turn back and head home right there, but he didn't want to look weak.
So, instead, he suffered through the silence until they reached a back alley and a door under a flickering neon sign.
"We're here." He announced, knocking loudly. "I hope you remember your safe word."