Two

The title seems misleading and very strange but it's a song by Kesha. If you listen to it you'll get to see the direction I'm going with this story so open up YouTube and get going bois.

"Matthieu! Welcome home!" Francis, who was finally not dead, pulled his second son into his arms. "We missed you so much!"
"I'm sure dad didn't miss me a whole lot." Matthew shrugged.
"Stop that! He missed you more than he lets on." Francis winked and Matthew smirked back.
"Matthew!" Arthur stepped into the foyer, greeting the Canadian with a pat on the back. Way to go, loving parent.
"Your room is still how you left it last, don't worry."
"Thanks." Matthew lifted a bag from beside his leg. "Mind helping me bring my stuff in from my car? Most of it can go to the garage for now. I promise I won't be here long."
"You can stay for as long as you need."
"I know." Matthew said again. He knew. He knew he could stay for as long as he wanted. But he was twenty five. He was allowed to be here, but he shouldn't have to.
"Michelle is at piano lessons and Peter is with his friends so the house will be quiet for the next few hours."
"Great. I'm going to head up to my room and start job hunting."
"You don't want to settle in first?"
"I'm good." Matthew wanted to get out of this place as soon as humanly possible. Especially before Christmas.
"I'll be starting on dinner, if you want to help."
"No thanks." Matthew started into the house, finding his way to the room he used to share with Alfred. Hockey and football posters still littered the walls. They were wrinkled and brittle now, however. He decided that those would be the first to go.
The trash can next to his bed was empty except for a crumpled envelope from last Christmas. He ripped the posters off the wall and added them to the pile. His bed was neatly made into something sterile and unwelcoming so he went ahead and ruffled it up for maximum comfort, pulling out his laptop and curling up to get to work.
He had no messages on LinkedIn, which wasn't anything new. There were so many people who got job offers on that site even though they had jobs already. So why not him? Where were his opportunities?
Maybe he didn't have enough skills added? But there were so many...
Communication, Microsoft office suite, database, typing, memo writing, report writing, presentations, general office management...
There were so many...none of them verified. Why did he join this site again? It wasn't doing what he needed.
"Matthieu..." Francis poked his head into the bedroom, eyeing the now empty walls. "I have these boxes with bedroom on them. Do you want them in here?"
"Yeah." Matthew nodded.
"Bien." Francis drug the boxes in, leaving them at the foot of Matthew's bed. "Is everything alright? You look stressed."
Matthew swallowed. Everything wasn't fine. But he was an adult. He couldn't depend on his papa anymore.
"Yeah. I'm just tired. I was up all night packing."
"Ah..." Francis didn't look very convinced. "You can talk to me any time."
"I know. I always tell you when somethings wrong." Matthew stated. He always had when he was younger, but now...he wasn't allowed to depend on others for happiness.
"Okay. Good." Francis nodded. "I'll get started on dinner. Does poutine sound good?"
Matthew smirked. "Poutine sounds perfect."

Some rando: *flirts suggestively with Sapphire*
Emerald: *appearing out of thin air, banging pots and pans* MY 👯SISTER👯 IS ♠️ACE♠️ LEAVE 🚺HER🚺ALONE 🙇🏻🙇🏻🙇🏻YOUR INTENTIONS🍆💦💦 ARE NOT🙅🏻 👼🏽PURE👼🏽