Chapter fifty-four-/"I'll give em a week."/

Start from the beginning

Truth be told, their never not together. To the normal outsiders eye, these two just looked like best friends. But to me and Dan, these two were a lot more. The way they looked at each other... was a whole lot more different as to the way Damon looks at me or Ashley.

Its the way Dan looks at Tori. It's the way I look at Ashley. It's the way my dad looked at my mom. Now Damon and Robby might not be at the love level but there's definitely something there.

Dans tried to pull Damon on it but he freaks out and changes the subject. It's weird because he knows we're totally cool with it, I think that he's not totally okay with it. Like he's still in denial.

"I'm gonna get some coffee, anyone want some?" Robby asked the room. I muttered a nah and so did Dan. Damon however...

"I'll come with." He smiled at him and they soon left. My eyes fell on Dans face. He was smirking as if he knew something. I too wore the same look. He shook his head laughing and a laugh bubbled out of me too.

"How long do you think? I give em two weeks." Dan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I give em a week longer." He nods his head slowly.

"Your on. Winner gets twenty bucks." He smirks.

"Not think it's wrong to bet on their relationship?" I frown.

"Fuck no. That son of a bitch betted on me and Tori and you and Ashley." He shook his head disbelievingly.

"True." I chuckled. "He deserves to be happy though."

"Yeah." His smile turned genuine and sort of faded naturally of his face. Dan cared about Damon stupid amounts. It just used to be me and Dan, but the minute my dad brought Damon in, we all just clicked.

From then on, it was us three. No one joined. No one left. We were like a small gang on our own. A small pack. A brotherhood. Hey man, I'm getting too sappy for this shit. My bets on it's Ashley's fault. She may or may not have changed me a little bit.

If you'd have told me about a year ago, that I'd find a girl, save her a couple times, all in different ways, fall in love with her and open up to her, I'd have told you to 'fuck off you freak.' Seriously.

A small sound came from my right. Which was funny because on my right was Ashley...

I snapped my head over to Dan and he wore the same frown on his face. We both almost snapped our necks to see any change. What I saw was totally different to what I expected.

She was frowning and twitching. Her head was moving and so were her hand a little bit. When her eyelids started to lift and shift I latched onto her hand.

"Ash?" I say. She makes the same whimpering noises and ignores me. Then the door opens with two chatter boxes known as Damon and Robby.

"Ssh!" Dan hisses. "Something's happening." He points at ash and Damon runs up to her bed and stands extremely close. Robby soon follows. Tori slowly walks up to the bed and holds onto her leg. Damon is holding her other hand. Robby has his hand on her knee. Dan has his hand on top of tori's.

"Come on ash." I whisper. "Wake up."

One eyebrow twitches and then so does her eyelid. My heartbeat starts beating so loudly people around me can hear it. I swallow a lump in my throat. Then her hand twitches around mine and I feel her fingers start to firm around mine. Damon must have felt it too because he starts tearing up.

It's hard not to. Her lips start to firm and then soften. But when they parted a little, everyone got closer. Totally invading her personal space right now. A breath escapes her mouth snd something wet slides down my cheek. Then the most incredible thing to happen in a few weeks happened.

"Get... out of... my... face." A croak like voice came from her lips. My eyebrows shot up and a smile overtook my mouth. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. Little like snow white.

"Ash?" I say. Then she looks at me. I can't help the well of tears. She frowns and then so do her lips. Tears start to come out of her eyes. "No, no, no, don't cry."

I wipe her tears away with the pads of my thumbs. I notice the others have left. I also know that that was probably tori's idea.

"I-I'm so sorry." She sobs. I can't help but reach over and wrap her in my arms. She latches onto me and sobs into my neck. I try to hush her but she can't stop.

"Why?" My voice is so fucking crackly right now but who gives a fuck? She pulls away and lightly pushes me down onto the chair right next to her, keeping my hand in hers.

"I was just in pain. It was s-so hard to wake up every morning." She was getting more upset as she talked.

"Ash, stop your getting upset." I try to get back up but she keeps me on the seat.

"No, I'm not done." She wipes at her eyes and takes a deep breathe. "When you told me you loved me I freaked out. I ran, quite literally. And then the whole thing with Zeke happened. Then this... what I never got to tell you was that moment when K was standing in those trees, I realised something. I never had love except from my brothers. Other than them, I never felt love for anyone else. Then you showed up."

She pauses, then carries on.

"You came into my life as a cocky dickhead. I hated you. Then you showed me something no stranger ever has. Kindness. These last months have been the best and most fucking emotional times of my life. I know you love me. I feel it when you talked to me when I was asleep." Shock came on my face. She heard me? "I knew that what I'd done, what I'd felt, was nothing compared to what I did to you. Anyways what I'm trying to say is, and I think imagine not gonna regret it, actually I know I'm not..."

I stop her by reaching up and capturing her lips with mine. She seems shocked at first. Then I pull away and rest my forehead against hers.

"I love you." Was all I heard before my eyes widened and my heart beat more fast than it has before.

-----------------------------

Aaaah! I finally fucking finished, jesus! 😭

So, ash finally said it. Must say, I kinda frustrated myself with the time. Also if you go back, changes have been made and I also must say what the actual fuck was I thinking when I posted the story.

It just didn't make sense. Also, humans did not act like that.

Oh and I just finished reading a book called 'my dad sold me to a gang leader' by Kit_Kat_Cat23

Check it out!

Hannah❤️