Chapter twenty-eight-/Well that escalated.../

Ashleys pov:

"So, Ashley, what was your flank in your old gang?" Mr Ruddocks asked.

"Keeping the drug money, collecting it. Mostly teaching the newcomers how to shoot a gun or fight." I nod.

"Really..." He crossed his arms.

Xavier's dad was basically interrogating me since Xavier left to go talk to Damon. Personally, i was intimidated, but I wasn't gonna let it show. People aren't really supposed to know if they scare you.

"So, your interests in being involved in a gang are still alive?" He asks.

"I mean, in a messed up way, i sort of feel safer. Like i have a family. Xavier and my friends mean the world to me. And im not a people person so its kind of a big deal. Im not special. Im not even that skilled. I just know how to use my fists and a gun." I laugh.

He chuckles. He stares off into something. I follow his gaze to find Xavier laughing and slapping Damon on the back.

"You did this you know."

"Huh?" I look back at mr Ruddocks.

"Xavier. He's smiling because of you." He has a faint smile on his lips.

"Me? Oh no, i think Damon told him a jo-"

"Not this specific moment child. I meant in general." He chuckles.

"Oh! Well, he makes me wanna smile too." I smile. I look back at him and his eyes meet mine. His smile goes wider and he makes his way over.

As soon as he's by my side he wraps an arm around my waist and kisses my temple.

"You okay?" He whispers.

"Mhmm." I get out. I was. I truly was.

"Dad, stop interrogating her." Xavier looks at his dad. His dad holds his hands up in defense.

"I did no such thing. I was actually going to ask if miss greyson here would agree to a little proposition." He pauses and continues." We are short on trainors. Miss greyson says she used to be quite handy when it came down to teaching in the form of fighting. How would you like to join?"

"What the gang?" I had my eyes wide a little too wide.

"Why of course." He just smiled.

"Uh, dad. She just got out of one." Xavier sounds unsure.

"On the contrary, I believe Ashley to be a strong young woman." Hes still offering.

"Can i think about it overnight please?" I ask.

"Of course my dear." He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles lightly. He drops my hand gently and walks away.

"That was intense." Xavier breathes.

"Yup." I pop the 'P'. "Can, uh, you go get me a drink please?"

"Course." He smiles and kisses my cheek before he walks away.

I stood there thinking about it. Did i want to join a gang? I did say it felt safer. What does safe actually mean? Joinging a gang would mean family. A home. I already have that. I would just be expanding. Im also not good with people. But id learn, right?

"Here." Xavier hands me a flute of champagne.

"Yo!" Two hands came zapping into my sides making me jump.

"Jesus!" I spin around to see a giddy Damon. "What?"

"Guess who i just made out with annnnnd had a meaningful conversation with?" He bites his bottom lip with his top teeth and looked at the ceiling, rocking on his heels.

"Mr ruddocks?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Wait what? No, megan." He grins so wide.

"Really?! Dude that's amazing! So happy for you. You've been crushing on her for a while." He slap his shoulder lightly.

"What, no?! Shes been crushing in me! She just lied to herself and everyone else." He looked genuinely certain.

"Okay..." i laugh. "Im just gonna go get some food."

"Sure." Xavier kisses my cheek and him and damon go back into conversation.

I walk up the oak table and see lots of different finger foods. I didnt really want food, i just didnt want xavier to think im suffocating him. He has been around me a lot lately. Not to mention he's practically moved in with me.

Im so unsure about him. Granted he would never hurt me, but i cant help but feel secluded. He knows everything. Which is far more than I intended. I knew everything, he opened up to me.

I heard a low giggle next to me and i looked instinctively. I was met with a blonde haired beauty. She had platinum curled blonde hair, porcelain skin and flawless makeup.

She was with a much older man. Hey, im not judging. She was smiling ridiculously and she hung of his arm.

"Excuse me adrianna, i must go congratulate maria on her new design launch." He pats her hand and walks away.

Once hes gone her smile immediately drops and she scowls and sighs. She sees me looking and walks to me.

"Can you believe him?" She scoffs.

"Um, who?" I frown.

"That bag of bones. Hes old enough to be my dad!" She screeches. A couple people stare and i feel embarrassed.

"Then why are you with him?" I ask.

"Hes paying me fifty bucks an hour." She fixes her boobs and puffs her hair.

"Oh..." i am lost for words.

"Hey dont i know you..." she trails off squinting.

"No." I cut her off.

"Anyways im here for someone." She looks around the room.

"Who?" I frown again.

"Oh just some girl names ashley greyson." She mutters.

I freeze. Who is she and why does she know me.

"Okay what the fuck do you want?" I snap and inch closer to her.

"Wow, kitty got claws." She smirks. "Im guessing your ashley?"

"Who wants to know?" I glare.

"Zeke does." Shes still smirking. My heart beat increases and my breathing becomes shallow. Shes one of his working girls.

"Why?" I grit out.

"Because you belong to him ashley. We all do. He also has a message." She pauses. "Break up with lover boy, or every aingle ounce of 'strength' you think you have will be stripped until your nothing but a frail, obedient dog."

"Bullshit." I spit.

"Okay let me see here. Okay, so theres tori and megan, the girl besties and theres dan and damon. Dans not to close to you but damon. Hes like your brother. And lets not forget xavier. The lovely xavier. He will die the slowest. The most painfu-"

I cut her off with a hard head butt to the face. She falls back on her ass with the impact. I know people are staring but i cant stop myself. I quickly climb on top of her, ripping my dress and start hauling punches at her face...