Chapter fifty-four-/"I'll give em a week."/

Ashley's PoV:

I'm running. There's nothing but tree's around me. Small colours of green, black and blue blur pass me. I can distantly see a cliff at the foot of where I'm running. The sky is an orange/pink ambience. It's rather breathtaking. I've been here before. I'm just not sure when or with who...

I've seen this before though. I see a silhouette of a girl and boy around my age sitting on the hood of a truck talking and laughing. It seems as though they can't see me so I keep quiet. I walk slowly over to where they are and listen to what the young couple are talking about.

I hear vaguely a story. A story about the young girls troubles. When the boy speaks, a small pang of emotion erupts in my chest. It's as if I hate seeing them sad. Like they've had enough of sadness. It feels as though I know the pain they're speaking of. When I curve a corner to see them visibly, I'm tearing up already.

Theres me and Xavier. I remember. This is where I gave him everything I had. I poured out my past and troubles and he didn't even interrupt once or tell me I was overreacting. He let me cry. He let me chuckle. When he told me about his mother I remember thinking of how strong he was. How he put up with all of the trauma caused by his mother.

It was this moment when I knew Xavier was like me. He knew what woe was. He knew how cruel the world could be and how to survive it. He knew that I needed him.

What he didn't know, was that I wasn't as strong as him. If they're there, and I'm here, then that means I gave up. That means I'm dying.

I don't want to leave him. There's so much I need to say. So much I haven't said. Those three words that meant so much. Its those words that held so much emotion I never thought another person would ever feel for me. That I'd feel for anyone else.

Love.

I loved Xavier so much it literally pained me to think about leaving him. But I can't continue. It's to hard.

"Come on ash." Its him. I hear him. "It's over if you just come back. Open your eyes again. Please..." The voice stopped. "I... I love you."

Air brushed my palm and I felt his kiss.

I love you Xavier. Just wait for me.

Xavier's pov:

Her eyelids are twitching with small droplets of water forming in her eyelashes. Her mouth occasionally twitches but other than that she remains asleep. Her eyelids are rolling around inside and the water slides around her eye.

When it glided down her face, I gently reach over and catch it. I retract my arm and stare back at the small teardrop on my index finger. This was another sign that she'd be awake soon. I'd have her looking at me. It was all up to her when she woke.

~~

(One week later.)

"Eye spy with my little eye something beginning with..."

"Oh shut up for fucks sake." Dan muttered under his breath.

"Yo, why you always bringing me down? Don't crush me man." Damon throws a small plastic cup at Dans head. When it hits he looks away as if Dan did the know it was him.

Damon was like Dans younger brother. Like, a ten year old brother that you love, but he's a little shit.

A small chuckle is heard behind Damon and I had a small glance as to who in their right mind thought that Damons annoying side was remotely funny. When my eyes landed on Robby, I wasn't that surprised. Those two have gotten a little close the past couple of weeks.