Part 56

Manik was fast asleep like a baby, Nandini stroking his hair softly in deep thoughts.

Nandini: Whats wrong with Manik? Why is he acting so strange today? I need to know I can't leave him to be like this!!

She places a soft kiss on his lips. She got up to go downstairs, but got held back when she saw her hands tightly tangled with manik. She smiled placing another kiss on his forehead gently untangling her hands.

Downstairs:
Nandini walked down the stairs to see everyone sitting on the sofa. The tense aura circling around them. Nandini shakes her head in worry. The tension in the house has just got everyone's mood down. Nandini couldn't take this it was just nerve wrecking for her.

Nandini: Guys please cheer up!! Manik is already stressed. If you guys will put the sad mask how can we cheer Manik up. Please smile!!

Cabir: I know Nandini! We are tensed about you and Manik safety. After Vibha threat we are all so worried. We can't sit and be happy as if nothing happened and not take actions.

Dhruv: Cabir is right! What if something happened to you? Manik can't live without u!

Nandini: I know! Dhruv trust me nothing will happen to me. You guys are all with me. You guys are my protection. I know u will keep me safe. Also, here me out she tries to mess with you all please don't expect me to just stand back. Specially if she tries to some tricks with Manik. I will show that lady my worst side.

Alya: Nandini your love for Manik is so pure. We all know u can do anything for Manik and us. We trust you but here it's the issue of your safety. Vibha is threatening you not us. We need to keep you safe.

Navya: Nandu you will not get out of this!! Do you here me!!

Mukti: Ya nandini don't step out this House. She can't do anything as long as you are in the Malhotra Residence.

Nandini: Guys, okay I will not go anywhere. I will stay in the house. It's safe here but also I can't stay in the house forever locked. Just because we fear she will do something to me. We have to deal with this situation like adults. We have kick her out of our life. Keeping me home locked is going to do nothing.

Navya: We have to think of a smart plan. Before Vibha does anything to harm us.

Nandini: Don't worry guys we will think of something. Let's just make Manik happy for now and make him believe that nothing will happen to us. We all will stick together and face her.

Cabir: First, we have to make him believe nothing is going to happen to you Nandini. He goes crazy after he sees a single scratch on you. I can't even thing what he will do if veebha do something to u!!

Nandini: Even if something happened, I trust you guys. She can't harm me.

Everyone gave her a little smile and a nod. They all turn there heads towards the stairs when they heard a voice.

Upstairs:
Manik woke up with a jerk panting in sweat and fear. He looked around to find Nandini to only face his worst fear DARK. He was sitting in middle of the bed with dreadful eyes and gulping in fear. He had a dream. A nightmare. The dream had such a negative effect of him that the fear he has been consuming inside his heart has started to show on his face. Fear of losing, fear of being lonely, fear of death, fear of losing Nandini and his friends.

Manik: Be strong Manik! U have to keep Your family safe. U can't show u are scared!! (He mummers to himself)

He was about to call Nandini but he stopped himself. He can't stress Nandini more. He needs to help himself out of this fear. He is making everyone upset. He has to put up a smile. He can't seem weak. He has to make himself stronger to give courage to his Nandini and friends.

Manik: U can do this Manik!! Smile it's okay!!

He got up turned on the lights to brighten the room. He moved to the bathroom to fresh himself up. After 10 min, He got out fully freshen up and ready to go downstairs and put up a persona of braveness. He can't wait to see Nandini smiling again and his friend cheerful as ever. He had them stressed. He will make it all okay again.

He unlocked the room and walked downstairs. He took slow steps down the stairs. He smiled down at his friends who were staring up at him. He knew, his inner self knew the smile was fake so he could hide his fears. He will try to smile because it is making his love ones happy. He saw Nandini giving him his lovely smile. That smile is what he wanted to make him strong and live in the moment.

Manik: I love you Nandini!!!

Those  words slipped out of his tongue. Nandini came to him and gave him a warm hug. She got out of the hug making him lift up his face. So they were eye to eye. These angelic eyes. He was trying his best to avoid these eyes.

Nandini: I love you too Mani!! Always remember this. Please don't avoid my eyes. Also, you don't have to fake a smile. It okay sometimes to be in fear Mani. I have known your from long. I am your best friend first than your girlfriend. I am your jaan. You are my heart. I know everything about u by now. It would fail me as a best friend and your girlfriend if, I could not tell by now looking at you that u are faking. U can't fool me. U can't always be brave. It's something okay to break down. We all have those days where darkness takes over our happy bright life's. I know you are trying to make us happy by showing us u are okay. I know you aren't. You can't hide from all of us. Cry Manik, I know it's going to make you feel better. It will relax you it's not okay to hold in.

Manik was in tears. Nandini opened her arms wide for a hug with a teary smile. Manik in seconds was in Nandini arms crying his heart out. Nandini held  him tight. Her hands caressing his back smoothly. Leaving soft pecks on his bf Head.

Nandini: Guys why are you all standing there. Come!!!

All of them ran and hugged both of them tightly. Nandini looked at each of them to see them looking back at her. She blinked at them a sign of reassurance. We are okay. Everything will be fine. We will fight together.

To be continued........

Ignore the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Have a fun time reading. Love u all❣️