[SongFic] [Request!] Attention {Merrick}

You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwin' that dirt all on my name.

"Merrick, you won't believe what Natasha is saying about you all over Facebook!" Hesh mutters, eyes wide as he walks into the training room where Merrick is punching on a punching bag. Merrick doesn't even blink as he punches at the bag, hitting it harder than normal.

"I can only imagine what she has to say now..." Merrick says simply, catching the bag before it swings back at him. He wipes his face with the towel around his neck before pulling his phone out of his own pocket, taking a long drink of water as he looks up your profile. He slowly looks at Hesh, his hand tightening around his phone so hard that his screen cracks and his phone gets crushed.

"Um..." Hesh starts but goes silent at Merrick's silent stoney look. "I think I hear Logan calling for me..." Hesh mutters out the half-assed excuse as he hurries from the room.

'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up.

As you get all dolled up for the night, you couldn't help but smirk as your phone vibrates, Merrick's name appearing on the caller I.D. as your applying your last layer of lipstick. You can't help the smile plays across your face. You knew he would call you and that's the only reason you do what you do. Is to harass him. He deserves it. he broke your heart and then went about his way as if you had never loved each other.

You've been going round, going round, going round every party in L.A.
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd be at one, oh

Really the only reason he's even at this party is so that he can confront you... But, he knows that it's a dangerous game to play with you because you hslave always wield your guns so good that he always seems to lose...

I know that dress is karma, perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh
And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
But you're not coming home with me tonight.

Merrick could not help but to stare at you as your strode into the party, blowing kisses at the cameras that began flashing towards you. A red sequin dress with splits clean up to your hips on either side showed off your dark lovely calves that used to find themselves wrapped around his waist as he pounded into you... Merrick clears his throat as Hesh watches him, shaking his head.

"Are you stupid? Or do you just have a death wish?" Hesh asks him as he turns away as you stride by them, head held up high. Merrick watches as you walk past, oblivious to the stares and mutters of the other party goers.

You just want attention, you don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start
You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you

"(Name)." Merrick says he walks up to you. You turn, drinking a margarita.

"Yes?" You ask innocently, your dark eyes shimmering in the party lights. Merrick stares at your face, flashes of little moments he had with you running through his mind as he finds no words to say.

You've been runnin' round, runnin' round, runnin' round throwing that dirt all on my name
'Cause you knew that I, knew that I, knew that I'd call you up
Baby, now that we're, now that we're, now that we're right here standing face-to-face
You already know, already know, already know that you won, oh

All Merrick can do is stand in front of you and stare. And stare... Annnnd stare...

"Well," you start. "This has been lovely and awkward but I must be going." You say as you mobe through the crowd. Merrick stares dangerously after you.

I know that dress is karma (dress is karma), perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine (you got me thinking 'bout when you were mine)
And now I'm all up on ya (all up on ya), what you expect? (oh baby)
But you're not coming home with me tonight (oh no)

"Do you hate me this much? Or are you just that much of a bitch?" Merrick butes out as he finds you a lone corner. Your dark eyes move to meet his. Surprised at his outburst.

You just want attention, you don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start
You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you, oh

"I just want you to realize what you had." You glare as he grips your arm painfully. "Ow!" You squeak.

"You're damn right about THAT. What I had. I let you go so why can't you let me go?!" He yells, his grip never loosening.

What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
(What are you doin'?)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?

You stare at him in surprise.

"I let you go because you're a self-centered, spoiled rich princess who gets pissy and petty when she doesn't get what she wants." Merrick spits the words out.

I know that dress is karma, perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine
And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
But you're not coming home with me tonight

"I'm leaving. And no, you're not coming with me. Not this time." Merrick says as he lets you go. He moves towards the door, grabbing Hesh on the way out. You run out after them, calling for Merrick. You get out in time to see the two get in a taxi and drive off.

You just want attention, you don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new
Yeah, you just want attention, I knew from the start
You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you (over you)

He knew he woukd never really be rid of you. He loved you at one point. But now you wouldn't let him forget. Or move on.

What are you doin' to me? (hey) what are you doin', huh? (what are you doin', what?)
What are you doin', huh? (what are you doin' to me?) 
(What are you doin', huh?) (yeah, you just want attention)
What are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh? (I knew from the start)
(You're just making sure I'm never gettin' over you) what are you doin' to me, what are you doin', huh?
Oh, oh

But this was going to be the last time that you smeared his good name. He wouldn't allow it anymore. If you wanted to play dirty, so could he...