Sunset Kiss Fail

"Awe!" We finally snapped out of our secluded state and I blushed as all our friends gave us the 'you're so cute' faces.

We got our lunches and sat down/claimed a table for the rest of the year. The school is small and we are what you would call the 'popular' seniors. We're not the snobby, preppy kids that take control of the kids through fear, no we're practically famous so they respect us enough to 'give us the title'. Not that I mind though. The bell rung and we attended our final classes and drove home. Lucca came over to my house to ride like promised and the others went on their own dates. When we got to my house we had to wash down the barn and trailer before we went, it's harvest season so everything is covered in dust.

We got the hoses ready and started spraying. We we about three minutes in when I was suddenly soaking wet. I turned my glare toward Luc and saw his innocent smile.

"I know you did this! And now it's my turn!" I said as I directed my spray on him.

This turned into an all out water war which ended with us in the water trough. He pecked my lips and I pulled him down for another. A second turned into a third, which turned into a fourth, and finally a long, slow, passionate kiss. We started laughing when we broke apart and got out of the water. We went into the laundry room to change into some clothes we keep in there because this happens way too often. After changing we finally started tacking up.

We mounted up and rode out and up the ridge.

"It's beautiful up here!"

"Yes it is. Especially during a sunset like this."

Lucca looks at me. "It's been a long eventful summer. Some hard times. Some fun times. And I'm glad to have been able to spend it with you. I'm so glad I met you."

"Oh Luc I feel the same way and more! You helped me through so much. Without you this past summer I don't know how I would have made it through any of that."

We leaned in to kiss upon our grazing horses. Just as I felt his warmth I was falling and eating dirt.

"GOD DAMN IT!" I yelled knowing exactly what just happened.

My horse stepped away and caused me to face plant into the dirt just like my mom's first kiss. I heard Lucca laugh as he got off his horse. He came over and layer next to me. I rolled over on top of him and looked deep into his eyes. We were lost in a hundred acre field, just us pulled close. Out in the middle of nowhere. He started teasing me with kisses around my jaw and neck. Playing games. I finally pulled his lips to mine by grabbing his shirt. He got some action like he wanted. And I wanted. ;)