Beginning

The crowd is cheering as we ride into the arena in our purple clothes. Our horses decked out in purple tack and accessories. We come in the arena standing on our horses. Yes standing. I should probably introduce myself. My name is Evelyn Williams. I am 17 years old and 5'7". I have brown hair with blonde highlights and blue eyes. I have two horses. My trick and ranch horse, Willow, is an 8 year old, 15.2hh, bay dun, Appendix mare. She has a star on her forehead and a snip on her nose. She also has four white socks of varying heights. She is the daughter of my mom's rodeo horse. My barrel and roping horse is named Echo, he is a 5 year old, 15.2hh, Silver dun, Quarter Mustang gelding. He has a white blaze, white on his legs up to his knees, and a white mane and tail. His mane is streaked with white and black. My best friend and trick riding partner, Rosali aka Rose Odel, is also 17 and an inch shorter than me, she is a green eyed brunette. Her two horses are Whisper, trick and ranch horse, and Magic, barrel racer and roper. Whisper is a 7 year old, 15.2hh, bay dun, Quarter Horse mare. Magic is a 6 year old, 15.1hh, dark buckskin, Quarter Arab gelding with a star. We travel to local rodeos trick riding, roping, and on occasion barrel racing. I also ride broncs while Rose cheers me on. Most people say I ride better'n all the cowboys, but I don't believe that. I ride for the thrill not the money and prizes like all them stuck up cowhores.

We galloped halfway around the ring then switched tricks. We slipped our feet into the holds and hung down next to the horse with our hands touching the ground. After a few strides I grabbed my horn and cantle and put my legs straight up then swung around and landed back in the saddle. Following quickly I stuck my legs in the air in the shape of the number four in a handstand kinda way. I swung my legs next to my horse almost touching the ground and was then sitting backwards in my saddle. I put one foot in a holder and stood up with the other sticking out behind me. I brought the foot that was in the air to the other holder and folded into a back bend across my galloping horse's back. I kicked over and landed on her neck in front of the saddle, backwards. I swung my leg behind me while holding the horn, jumped off the ground and back in my saddle. Rose was running on the inside and I was on the outside. Rose was standing and I got in that position. I then grabbed her hand and performed what is probably the most dangerous of our tricks. We just added this into our routine and we have practiced it multiple times. Our horses moved closer together, knowing their routine better than we knew ours, and I got onto Whisper still standing. All of our tricks are performed at a dead run. A steady gallop. We went a few strides to let the crowd settle then I backflipped off Whisper and released some confetti/streamers. They we coming around and I moved to the outside of the ring setting myself up. As Willow came around I grabbed my horn and let her speed pull me onto her back. We stood back up and bowed signaling the end of our ride. We galloped out of the arena in our favorite pose. Rose liked the starfish off the side and I liked the upside down hang. I like to drag my hands through the dirt.

Hey guys! Hope ya loved it! Let me know if ya want! Follow my insta @_burning__ember_ and dm me a banner if ya want.

Thanks loves! Read, love, rodeo!