Leaving Home

I woke up happy to be in my own bed. My alarm being the rooster and my little sister jumping on me excited that I'm finally home.

"Good morning Princess Kelsea!" I said as I got up.

"Yayayayayayay Sissys home!" She shouted through the house. I just chuckled and went to the kitchen to start the coffee then feed the horses.

"Morning mom! Morning Dad!"

"Good mornin!" They said in unison.

I greeted the herd and fed my hawses. Willow and Echo nickered a greeting and I kissed their noses before making my rounds to see all the new colts, fillies and to also see the senior members. I didn't realize how many mares had their babies while I was gone. I'll have to start training next year! Oh I love training the new ones. Next I went inside to drink my coffee and talk to my parents about my plans for the near future.

"How long are you planning to be gone?" My mom asked me.

"Rose and I were planning on leaving for a year."

"A year is a very long time. Shouldn't you start out with a summer? You only have three days left of Junior year." My dad is not going to let us leave for a whole year.

"Ok so Rose and I can travel the country for three months?" I figured for my parents.

"Yes. You can leave May 31 and I expect you to return by August 25 so you don't miss any birthdays and we can still go school supply shopping." Of course my mom wouldn't want me to miss a single birthday.

"Eeeeek! Thank you so much!" I hugged both my parents and ran to pack what I could then I went to get ready for school. Eeeewwww! I left for school at 7:00.

*Time Skip three days* (I wish I could do this for real school!)

Rose and I are packing our final things and leaving out for our first rodeo in Reno, then it's on to Arizona, followed by New Mexico and so on. We are planning to hit a rodeo in almost every state on the west side of the country. We took off for the long drive ahead.

*Time skip the drive*

We pulled into the rodeo grounds in Reno, NV. And set up our camp. After we took the horses to a couple of round pens and started lunging them to loosen their muscles. When they had had a good workout we brought them back and got them food and water then went to check in.

After checking in we had just enough time to go through our drill for tomorrow at a slow lope, so we tacked up. We rode over to the arena and started our normal warm up. We had the horses trot the arena while we did some simple tricks. We stretched and did some upside down sit ups. Next we asked for a slow lope and started our routine.

The next morning we tacked up and got ready to perform for the crowd.

Rose stood up while I dropped to touch the ground, after galloping a circle. Then we both kicked off the ground onto the backs of our saddles and did handstands. Following we slid off and stood me to the outside and her to the inside. When the horses came around we swung on and went straight Into a trick, one foot in the stirrup and the other straight out as we hang beside the horse holding the rope attached to the horn. I stood up and did a backbend while Rose put her legs under Whisper's belly. We swung into normal riding position and both did a backbend in sync then kicked over onto the ground and bowed. We waited for our horses to swing on and stand up as we waved to the crowd.

Hey guys! Keep readin! Love you all! Ok so question of the day! What is your favorite color of horse? Read love rodeo!