Chapter 35 | Suppress feelings

_______

(Edited)

  ________

    Damien's POV

I listen as the glass cup breaks against the wall. The pure brown liquid is released leaving a stain. I pull my hair with frustration and now it's all disheveled. The anger and pain that I feel at this moment can't be compared with anything on this earth. I want to break everything in front of me and scream with anger. I can't believe that after having such happy days with Emma, everything falls apart because of the simple fact that I was an idiot when I confused her with Stacy. everything happened in a blink of an eye. When at last I felt happy, calm and loved by someone something or someone comes to destroy it. It's not my fault that Stacy is such a whore, I know there was a time when I had something with her but I swear I regret it.I love Emma, as I have never loved someone else. I know that at first I did not want to admit it because I was afraid of getting hurt but now I want to shout it to the four winds so that everyone will know that she is the only one I think about day and night, the first woman who has made me feel when nobody else has been able to and the woman with whom I want to be the rest of my life.

but how do I let her know this if she doesn't want to see or talk to me? I know it takes time but it's not fair that I can't explain what really happened. When I saw her in my brother's arms, I went crazy. I wanted to break his face without caring that he is my brother.I despair to know that I can not touch her and kiss her. Our apartment never felt so cold and empty. The sheets are losing the sweet aroma that she left in them. The silence is driving me mad and knowing that I wake up to her side of the bed empty, it tears my soul out.

It's amazing when someone who you never thought you'll see yourself with ends up being the most important person in your life.

My eyes are bloodshot as I see myself in the mirror. A reflection of a broken man looking back at me. My under bags are horrible and my disorganized clothing showed the pain I was going through.

It's been two fucking nights without her and I'm going insane.

The doorbell rings and my heart begins pounding in my chest. With the only thought of the possibility of being here, I rush my way to the door and swing it open just to be hit with a disappointing feeling.

"Hi man.." Michael states watching me with sympathy as I turn away from him and walk to the couch." how are you holding up?" He asks not so sure if that's what he really wants to ask.

I shrugged my shoulders and let myself fall into the couch. I noticed him looking around the place with widen eyes since is all trash. "If she ever comes back to you, I don't think she'll like the new makeover you did to the place," he tried to joke but I just glared at him with murderous eyes.

Minutes later I let out a humorless chuckled when I noticed what he said.  Michael looks at me weird. "The fact that you said 'if she comes back" shows how little hope you have for my relationship with her. Did I really fuck it up that badly?"

His mouth closed and open several times and he scratches the back of his neck, not knowing what to say. "Right," I mumbled.

"How'd it happened?," he asks and I sighed annoyed at having to remember the events.

"I was standing in the middle of the lobby waiting for her to come back from getting her purse. I was playing this stupid game on my phone, which I've seen her play sometimes when suddenly I felt a pair of hands softly rubbing my shoulder