Chapter 37 | Madness

(edited)

Damien's POV 

Three days, two nights.

I wake up to the sound of a doorbell ringing. I kept my eyes open and groan in frustration as the hangover hits. The room is so dark, I can't see where the lamp cord is. I sit up on my bed and hop on my feet, walking out of the bedroom to the front door.

The ringing gets louder and I rolled my eyes at it annoyed. "I'm coming for fuck's sake!"

I unlock the door and swing it open only to find Stacy standing right outside my doorstep with only a short lace dress on. I frowned, she was the last person I wanted to see on this earth. Her face showed a hint of naughtiness and determination when all of a sudden she jumped on me and kissed me roughly.

I pushed her back and she fell to the floor." what the fuck is wrong with you?," I spat furiously at her actions. I cleaned my mouth with the back of my hand violently.

"What? I'm doing what I used to do when we alone remembered?" she says with a smirk on her face as she stands up. She tries to reach out to me but I slap her hand away.

"How the fuck did you know where I live?," I asked furiously at her.

"I got my ways baby." She tries to walk past me but I block the entrance.

"Don't you dare come near me or inside my property," I said firmly looking at her with murderous eyes, She backed away with fear in hers.

"Come on Damien, you know you can't resist me." She tried to hide her fear but she was failing. "I've given you the best nights of your life whenever you were feeling miserable. I was the one there for you when nobody else was. How do you think I would feel when I see someone else snatch you away from me like that?! And worst of all knowing that you're going to fucking marry her! Huh?!" She starts screaming as black tears roll down her eyes.

"I love you, Damien! Can't you understand that?! I want to be with you... I always have... why her?..." She fell on her knees crying.

"Stacy stand up," I said offering my hand to her.

She looked up at me with her eyes full of tears but not even that could get me to feel empathy for her."Please let's take a flight away from here and you and I can start a life together."

"You must be insane... I don't love you and I never will. Stacy when we were together I remember how you went and slept around with other guys and think I wouldn't notice but I did. I thought that maybe, I could give you an opportunity and try to get to know you better but you ruined that for yourself, not me, not Emma not anyone. I love Emma because she's not you. She simply doesn't care what anyone else has to think about her. But you, on the other hand, try to make me look like the bad guy when we dated.

A girl that constantly tries to harm another one for the moronic reason of getting what they want, is not a girl I would give my heart to. Sorry but you have to stop whatever it is that you're trying to get from me. Is not going to happen." I finished up and try to close the door but she held it open when she placed her foot in between.

I breathe out and waited for her to say whatever she needed to say. I looked down and her eyes were glued to the floor. She kept holding onto a small bracelet she had on her left hand. Her knuckles were white as she held it with so much strength. "Stacy..."

"I'm the bitch, the witch on this fairy tale. I'm always left alone, So cliche. Obviously, you would choose the good girl over me, just like my father left my mom for that other whore. I deserved this don't I?..."

"Just like I said... you chose this for yourself."

"But ain't that my character? That's what I'm supposed to do, be the mean girl, the bitch or like everyone likes to call it 'the queen bee' from school or 'the Regina George'? Tell me, Damien, how am I supposed to act when people expect you to act a specific way?! But you know I tried to stop when we started dating but I started losing 'friends' or maybe that's what I thought I had. I was scared of being alone... I was scared of being that stupid little-frightened girl whose dad left behind when he ran away with another woman."

"You had me but I guess that wasn't enough for you Stacy," I tell her. She looked so vulnerable and broken it was hard for me to try and be mean to her. This was a side of Stacy I never thought seeing.

"You're right... maybe you weren't enough. But that doesn't mean I didn't love you the way I still do to this day. I get it, I fucked up big time but I regret so much that's why I came back from Italy, I wasn't planning to come back but I did for you. But I guess it was too late."

"It's not my fault, neither is Emma's."

"Yes I know but Fine. This would be the last time you'll ever see me. I won't chase after you anymore. I'll leave you and you stupid whore of a fiance alone. But don't come crying to me when she breaks your little heart. Don't say I didn't warn you but sooner or later I'll get my revenge." She says laughing between tears. She turns to leave but before doing so she turned around and blows me a kiss and smirks at me. I stare at her retrieving figure until she reached the elevator and went inside.

Third person POV

Stacy went down the elevator and reached for her phone in her purse. She dialed a number she's been constantly calling for the last two months or so. The phone rings twice before, someone picks up.

"Yes?" A man's voice speaks through the little speaker of the phone.

The elevator doors open up and Stacy walks out. "It's over Carter." She says.

"What?" Carter says with surprise on the other side of the line.

"It's over our plan didn't work... But for my last move, I'm going to do something that would mark both of them for life." She says coldly walking past the lobby security guard and into her car.

"Stacy please don't do anything out of the limit of the little stuff we've been doing," Carter says worried about her. He's been having something going on with Stacy for a while now but nothing too serious. He knew she was capable of anything just to get back at Emma for stealing Damien away from her.

"Sorry Carter but I have to go now. Thank you for your help but I no longer need it." She says looking out into the road as she speeds up.

"Stacy-" She cuts the call and throws her iPhone to the back seat. Her computer was wide open beside her as it displays a video of Damien walking around his living room. All of a sudden his phone rings and he answers.

"Emma?" he says. Stacy's knuckles turn white as she grips the steering wheel trying to hear what he's saying to her.

"Yea sure I'll meet you there baby." He says and put his phone away.

Game on - she thinks to herself as she speeds past a couple of other cars. She stops at a red light and takes her computer. She opened up a tab showing a red dot moving around the city map of Los Angeles.

It was tracking Damien's phone.