Chapter 02 | Beauty And The Beast.

_________

(Edited) 

_________

 Emma's POV

When I left my room, I started walking down the long hallway of my huge house, heading for the ballroom. Yes, we have a ballroom, people. To be specific my house was an old modern architecture castle. We had more than fifteen guest rooms, ten luxurious bathrooms, two kitchens one outside in the garden for special days and the normal inside one. We were located a couple of miles outside the city.

To enter this property you have to go through the strong security system my dad had hired a few years ago when our home was trying to be robbed. in the front garden, there was a beautiful water fountain with angel statues in the middle of it. The road that led to my house were lined with beautiful pine trees.

The mansion was three stories, now you can imagine how many times people have gotten lost in it. In the back patio, there was a big pool and a Jacuzzi right beside it. The pool was large within 5 foot deep. It had beautiful red lights and fountains surrounding it. My friends and I always spend our summers in that pool.

Anyways, in conclusion, I lived in a mansion with Butlers, servants, own chauffeurs, and my own stylist. A life envied by anyone. Except that they don't know the fact that people only hang out with you because of what you have not because of how you are. But this is the type of life I was born in to and I can't deny the fact that I live a really calm and relaxing life but sometimes I wish I was able to walk down the street without bad people trying to kidnap me so they can get a Large amount of money out of me. Regardless of every valuable thing, my parents had I was the most precious. If anything bad would have happened to me they would go crazy.

Now they don't think; me marrying Damien is the most horrible thing that would ever happen to me instead they say it's the most wonderful thing ever.

Bloody hell no.

I kept on walking down the hall until I got to the stairs where I could see the whole ballroom panorama. The ballroom was being occupied by every guest my mom and I had invited. They were a few drinking champagne and others dancing to the classical music played by the band hired by my dad.

Before giving my first step down the stairs I breath in deeply because I knew I was going to get everyone's attention once the sound of my heels would tap against the tile floor. After a few seconds of trying to calm myself I began walking down the stairs, and like I said before everyone stopped what they were doing and turn to look at me.

I felt my cheeks heating up due to all the attention I was getting. I bow my head so that I was concentrated on my steps rather than at the looks everyone was giving me. I placed my hand on the rail decorated with pink roses.

With every step I took, I could feel my whole body shaking with nervousness. I lifted my head up a little and my eyes spotted a handsome Damien waiting for me at the end of the stairs. He looked really good, to be honest.

He was wearing a black suit matched with a black tie, lifting his well-defined jawline with a genuine pleasant smirk. I could see his sparkly brown eyes as I got closer. Once just a few steps away from him, he lifts his hand for me to take and without a second thought, i took it because if I didn't I'm pretty sure my legs would betray me in any second making me fall down.